We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Which Grand Gaube hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excursions

We are travelling to the Grand Gaube in April but want to get excursions costed & booked. Is it best to book before we leave the UK and if so, any recommedations on who to book with or should we book through the hotel? We are looking at swimming with the Dolphins and the Safari park (possibly other trips as well - any suggestions appreciated). There will be 5 Adults and a 6 year old child. Many thanks.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,527 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

Where are you staying at Grand Gaube?

For dolphins a company that is dolphin friendly is

http://www.dolswim.com/index.php/en/

I take it you mean the big cat interaction at Casela?

Unfortunately we dont advocate that on this forum - too many accidents and mistreatment of big cats.

Also children are not allowed on the interaction.

Before you decide I suggest you take a look at previous threads on the big cat interaction - post # 4 gives links to previous threads too:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298342-i9633-k6…

Don't bother pre-booking any excursions and don't book with the agents in the hotels either - instead get on the bus or grab a taxi and go to Grand Baie - there you'll find lots of local tour operators to choose from.

For ideas on things to do see here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g293816-Activi…

And also in the Top Questions to the right of this page.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions

Bronia, any particular tour operators in the Grand Baie area that you would recommend?

After going through this forum (and a lot of posts from you ,mazza and dee), I am inclined to go to Grand Baie and pick local tour operators.

My only worry is Quality of service may suffer since I dont have the luxury of reviews. IF they take us to a location and do not arrange travel back, it can get tricky. When I say quality, I include safety as well.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,527 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

Hi,

There are quite a few tour operators in Grand Baie - I found reviews for two of them but as you righty observed there arent many reviews to go by.

Ebrahim I know personally - we hired our car from him for over 12 years and can vouch for his professionalism and integrity.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g488103-…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g488103-…

I think you will find the majority of tour operators in Mauritius are safe and trustworthy and would never abandon you:)

4. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 11:05
5. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube
Recent Conversations