We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The sunshine???

Which Grand Gaube hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The sunshine???

Hi we are thinking of visiting LGG for our honeymoon next June, we usually visit the smaller Greek islands but are thinking about trying something different. Someone has mentioned that the day light hours are usually over by about 5pm, is this true? Not sure if I fancy having to leave the pool or beach before 5pm, it doesn't take me that long to get ready to go out :-) would someone who has been in June or an expert in the resort please let me know.

Many thanks

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,469 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The sunshine???

Hi Sarah,

Well its August which is winter here and sunset's currently around 6pm.

Still light at 5pm when I was on the beach at the weekend!

In June its later than that so don't worry.

See sunset times given by the Met Office here:

…intnet.mu/forecast-bulletin-english-mauriti…

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,432 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The sunshine???

We're often there in June, sadly not this year but hope to be going within the next month. We usually stay on the beach or around the pool till around 5pm, the heat does diminish about this time but it's certainly not dark.

justmauritius.net/sunrise-sunset-times.php

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The sunshine???

It is certainly not like in the Greek Isles where the sun is going down at 21:30 in summer. Places closer to the equator have a more even day and night than places further away from it. Mauritius is much closer to the equator than Greece so will have almost 12 hours of day and night virtually throughout the year. In winter (June/July) the sun will set slightly earlier than in summer, but even in summer it sets by 19:00. The time chart in the link given by Maz will give you the exact times throughout the year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The sunshine???

Many thanks for all your replies, certainly helps. We are really keen to go to Mauritius but just need to get all my concerns out of the way as its very different to what we usually do. These forums are jsut great for that info.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,702 posts
1,729 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The sunshine???

I do hope you visit in June. I went in July one year and felt I was robbed off sunlight when it got dark by 6:30 pm.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The sunshine???

Thanks for all your comments, we have booked Mauritius for our honeymoon now, very excited. We decided in the end to go to sugar beach as it was on the west coast (we are travelling in June) plus it has the option of using the sister hotel next door so we thought it would give a better variety of eating and drinking options :-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,469 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The sunshine???

A good choice Sarah - we stayed at the sister hotel La Pirogue last month and dined at Sugar Beach's Citronella one night - good food!

You do have a wide choice of restaurants and bars, yes.

Have a lovely time :)

8. Re: The sunshine???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube
Recent Conversations