We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Look a little further for reviews

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Look a little further for reviews

Hi

Looking forward to our visit to the Casuarina Hotel later in the year, but very few English reviews to read of late. However, discovered there are lots more in French and Italian which I was able to decipher with Google Translate.

Great to get more info to whet my appetite for this hotel and Mauritius in general, and pleased I can expect an international guest list which I much prefer on holiday.

Just thought I'd pass on this tip to other TA followers - though perhaps I've been a bit slow to catch on!

Cheers 💝

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Look a little further for reviews

Thanks for the tip which will be useful to many TA members, I'm sure. Have a wonderful holiday at Casuarina Hotel. Hope to see an English review on your return!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,899 posts
1,775 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Look a little further for reviews

It depends on your TA settings, when I read reviews the English language ones are first and the foreign language ones are at the latter pages.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Look a little further for reviews

Aha! A eureka moment - if I just change my setting to 'any' rather than English first, I get to view all reviews in chronological order regardless of language.

Thanks Preston Traveller. It's nice to challenge the retired grey matter once in a while! Still, might be a useful pointer for others, or a giggle at my expense which I don't mind at all - I can at least smile in every language!

Cheers 💝

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
150 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Look a little further for reviews

But you all have to take into consideration that mentalities are different. For example German reviews differ from US reviews. Just a little something to be catious about. I always find reviews in my own language the most helpful because I understand the mindset of "my" people. I still try to read as much as I can from every language but just wanted to put that out there.

5. Re: Look a little further for reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:17