We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs Casuarina

swindon uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs Casuarina

I am travelling to Casuarina in 2 weeks time. Does anyone know if there are ATMs close by. Also is it quick to change money at the airport as we will have transport waiting to take us to the hotel?

Thank you

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,043 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs Casuarina

Very quick to change money at the airport - see here for current rates - sterling's recently been at its highest rate for a year which is good news!

www.shibanifinance.com/pages/exchangerate.php

There were ATMs close by but may have closed though I do know there are at Trou aux Biches as well as Thomas Cook and Shibani.

Casuarina is an old favourite of mine - it was the first hotel I ever stayed at in Mauritius - have a lovely holiday )

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs Casuarina

Very quick to exchange money at the airport and your transport will be happy to wait for you. It's the norm so the drivers are extremely accommodating.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,188 posts
1,819 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs Casuarina

I think there is a Money exchange shop near the hotel or a few minutes walk away. If you head towards the police station near Trou aux Biches hotel there are definitely ATMs there in the corner.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,043 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs Casuarina

Preston what I mean is the ATM that used to be at the bank at Choisy very close to Casuarina is closed as the bank there closed ages ago.

TAB is what I was referring to.

swindon uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATMs Casuarina

Thank you for your prompt reply. Can't wait to go!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,043 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATMs Casuarina

Have a lovely time - back there myself in exactly 16 days time so I know how you feel - I can't wait either :)

uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATMs Casuarina

Hi Lin

Yes it is very easy and quick to change money at the airport in Mauritius at a very good rate !

The exchange desks are after customs just before you exit the airport building ,

Have a wonderful time in beautiful Mauritius

Kind regards

Saffi

Edited: 27 September 2013, 03:29
8. Re: ATMs Casuarina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:17