We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info to plan better

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Need info to plan better

We are traveling to Mauritiuos for our Honeymoon trip in early Dec and would like to seek advise for the below . We will be staying at the Casuarina Hotel

1. Which room wud be best for honeymooners. We want our peace but also want to enjoy a good scenery .

2. How much does lunch costs ?

3. Any good restaurants nearby which is not too costly. We would like to try the local cuisines as well

4. How and where do I book my Catamaran cruise and what will be approx prices

5. Any good nearby places to visit

6. Any good things to buy from Mauritius

7. How much money would we need for 6 days 7 nights . breakfast and dinner provided by the hotel.

Any other info that you can provide to make the trip better.Thanks for taking your time to read the queries and answer them.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,188 posts
2,031 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info to plan better

For prices of food at the hotel you might want to email the hotel directly. As for what eating outside the hotel, there are some restaurants in the vicinity but I would rather go to Grand Baie and eat something there. As dinner and breakfast is included, I would go for something light such as fast food or even street food.

I would also visit several tour shops in Grand Baie to enquire about catamaran trips, there are plenty of shops to choose from, so enquire about packages and negotiate a price, look for discounts of at least 25%.

As for things to do, look at the top questions on your right hand corner.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need info to plan better

You can shop around in Grand Baie for the catamaran cruise. All the operators sell the same trips - you are looking at about Rs1200 per person for full day cruise including lunch and drinks.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need info to plan better

I was at the Casuarina in September and I enjoyed all the food. However, if you're looking for a change from the buffet in the evening, you'd probably find it hard to get a better a la carte, three course meal than at the Treetops Restaurant at the Casuarina itself. It has a lovely ambiance, great waiter service, fresh linen on the tables, together with flowers and candles, and an excellent, if slightly limited, choice of food at various price points.

Have a look at the menu when you arrive, but it's not open every evening, so book early if you decide to go for a special treat on your honeymoon. We went for my husband's birthday and we weren't disappointed - in fact we went again it was so nice!

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. Hope you have a wonderful time in Maurutius - and don't forget to take full advantage of all the free water activities the hotel offers on the beach - enough to keep you busy all week!

Cheers ❤️

Edited: 05 November 2013, 15:36
4. Re: Need info to plan better

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Trou aux Biches