We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to mauritius

Which Trou d'eau Douce hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
gurgaon
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
trip to mauritius

hi!v wil b visiting mauritius in d month of sep.how is d weather at that time?from where to buy cashmere sweaters and jackets?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,730 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to mauritius

September is normally a month for good weather in Mauritius since it's recognised as the second driest month of the year.

Take a look at the following link for weather information.

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
529 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to mauritius

Went to Mauritius in Sept a couple of years ago. We had good weather - almost no rain - but it was cooler than we anticipated and quite windy on the East coast. (I had to buy a pashimina to use in the evenings as I didn't have anything like that with me - and some nights it got quite cool.) If you want to travel round the island, the temperature was really nice for getting out and about and we had some good days out in a hire car.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,468 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to mauritius

September is generally a dry month with plenty of warm sunshine, obviously rain can occur at any time. Sometimes the evenings feel cool or chilly if there is a breeze off the sea, it's best to be prepared.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,521 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to mauritius

September can be cool some days on the east coast. I recall one day having to pop a woolly on one afternoon because of the strong wind.

Bronia

gurgaon
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to mauritius

hey!can someone pl suggest shops with good variety and reasonably priced wollen stuff(local stuff)

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to mauritius

When I lived in Mauritius - but I left 15 years ago - I used to buy lots of knitwear from Floreal Knitwear in Floreal itself - on the Central Plateau, near to Curepipe. They made, and still do, lots of stuff for export to Europe and the standard was high and the prices unbelievably cheap. I see that they now have a shop in Le Caudon, the smart waterfront development in Port Louis but I suspect that the prices will reflect the grandeur of the place they are being sold in. I am trying to find out if they still sell from Floreal and whether the prices there are significantly cheaper than in Port Louis. Probably not but worth finding out. The Floreal shop used to figure in the itinerary of many tours. I wonder if anybody has been there, perhaps on a tour or individually, and can give us any info?

I see that you are not going until September so I will be able to give you more info myself before you leave. I am going on Monday for two weeks and will certainly be visiting Floreal. You can look at details of their Port Louis shop on the Le Caudon website.

7. Re: trip to mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Trou d'eau Douce