We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February: East Coast and wind

France
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
February: East Coast and wind

Hello.

We're planning to spend 8 nights in Mauritius, second part of next February. We've been already there 3 times always on the West Coast (Le Morne, Flin-en-Flac and Trou aux Biches).

We'd like to visit the East Coast this time (looking at Touessrok hotel). I've heard that East Coast is more exposed to wind and that wind is blowing constantly. I'm not a fan of windy weather. My husband, who's a diver, is concerned about how wind affects sea conditions and weather in general at this time of the year.

Can anyone tell me what should we expect? is wind really annoying in February?

Thank you!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,552 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February: East Coast and wind

The south easterlies blow all year but are at their strongest in winter - particulary July and August.

The breeze is welcome in February as it cools you down - conditions are hot and humid and we can expect daytime highs of 35C this year according to the long range forecast.

See here if you havent already seen it:

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/…February

Also be aware its the rainiest month and statistically likely to have cyclonic weather.

2. Re: February: East Coast and wind

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Trou d'eau Douce