We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Touessrok

Which Trou d'eau Douce hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Le Touessrok

Hi all me and my partner are off to Le Touessrok to get married in the last week october. We are staying for two weeks.

Has anyone ever got married there if so how did they find it

What will the weather be like around this time

and is there a local shop walking distance from the resort where they sell wine and beer :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,527 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Touessrok

October is a good month to visit, the weather gets hotter without the humidity and anywhere in the island is suitable.

The east has large hotel resorts with little to do outside it. There is a small village nearby that will have small stores but you are looking to get a cab to the nearest large town of Flaq that has supermarkets.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Touessrok

I am going to Le Touessrok in September , I will write a review and report back!

But I am sure it will be perfect for you and your intended's wedding.

10 weeks to go is it to soon to pack?

Deb

Cheshire, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Touessrok

How exciting September will soon be here !!! Just I have read it's about £60 for a bottle of wine so people were saying they go to the local shop to get a bottle of wine to enjoy out side there room, I just wanted to know if it's walking distance or do you need to get a taxi.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Touessrok

You'll need a taxi to get to a decent shop. Local shops probably won't stock wine etc - only consumables used by local residents. Flacq is the largest town in the vicinity.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Touessrok

The wine is not cheap but not £60.00 a bottle.There is some excellent Italian wines @ ca £ 15.00.we have been there 4 times.I do not drink £60.00 wines!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,527 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Touessrok

I doubt the little village near Touessrok is walkable, you will need a cab and you will have better prices and more choice in Flaq.

Be aware that these hotels in the east are large resorts, I stayed at a hotel nearby once at it was a long walk just to leave the hotel building and walk down to the gates to get onto the street.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Touessrok

I am planning on getting my airport transfer car to stop at shops on way to hotel to stock up on beers for son, and bits and pieces nibbles etc.

Assuming they are open as coming in on the early BA flight?

Deb

8. Re: Le Touessrok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Trou d'eau Douce
Recent Conversations