We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

selous river camp or rufuji river camp

East London - SA
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
selous river camp or rufuji river camp

Our trip is slowly coming together. We have decided on a fly in - not that much more than a Dar pick up and drive. Now its to decide on which camp to take. One company is offering Rufuji river side - mud huts and the other Selous river camp? I know Selous river camp is inside the reserve which tends to make this the more convenient place to stay for animal viewing. I am also thinking open viewing vehicles may be better than an open roof-top?? Not sure I want to stand all day with my head popping out the top for my viewing!! amazing how fussy one can get when paying lots of money!!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: selous river camp or rufuji river camp

Check reviews on ATR, Expert Africa, Fodors etc.

Open viewing vehicle usually much better.

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: selous river camp or rufuji river camp

Hi,

When are you planning to go to Selous. It is almost rainy season and all the camps will be closed by Mid March. You can try your luck at the Lodges. Yes, open roof car is better.

East London - SA
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: selous river camp or rufuji river camp

Thanks for the replies. We have decided to do a week on Mafai Island instead of the Safari. Week in Zanzibar and week at Butiama Lodge on Mafai. Chilling time ahead.

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: selous river camp or rufuji river camp

Okay, no p. But Mafai also from Mid March - May it will be closed. Just find out first at Butiama Lodge if they are open during rainy season. Thanks.

5. Re: selous river camp or rufuji river camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:17