We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In a tent, and lion outside...

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,022 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
In a tent, and lion outside...

If you've ever wondered, and who hasn't, what it would be like to be in a tent and a lion starts looking in the window, there's a really good video of this at Lake Manze camp's facebook page. Posted about 12 hours ago by Katia..... Not sure I would be calm enough to be filming. I think my screams would have been heard in Dar!

https://www.facebook.com/lakemanzecamp

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,022 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: In a tent, and lion outside...

Thanks, steve. I've a few technology challenges in my current location and searching Youtube was not feasible.

Dansas - just remember to always keep the zip closed! Lions don' t see tents as prey. Just keep telling yourself this!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: In a tent, and lion outside...

No problem, peter. Earlier I also had a problem seeing it---it seemed to me they were rotating videos or pictures at that spot.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: In a tent, and lion outside...

Oh my goodness, I would have totally freaked out. You were very brave to keep filming, thank you great footage

Allentown...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: In a tent, and lion outside...

Great shot!!! A moment of reminisce from the movie ghost and the darkness - tsavo maneater lions - only difference is not in tsavo, and noone got dragged out - saved by the zip!

The closest I had to my tent were elephants at luangwa river lodge - now called luangwa river camp in south luangwa zambia. just an inch away quietly foraging.

Visram

AfricanMecca

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: In a tent, and lion outside...

Very exciting. I don't know what will happen if the cat hears a human scream?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: In a tent, and lion outside...

Hi Peter

The week before we arrived in The Kgalagadi in March a couple of blokes were staying in the Roojputs campsite. Their first night. Which turned out to be their last. During the night a large pride of lions wandered through. One of the cubs got fascinated by their tent and started pawing it, creating a hole In order to 'frighten it' they shone a powerful torch in its eyes....which attracted a large male lion which stuck its paw through the hole...with noises..This continued for a few minuites. They left the next day.

Told to us by head warden.

17. Re: In a tent, and lion outside...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 08:17