We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Monica hostel- Stonetown

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St. Monica hostel- Stonetown

Has anyone stayed there? There are just 2 reviews posted 1 horrible and 1 excellent. Any tips would be apreciated for sort of top budget hotels in the city.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Monica hostel- Stonetown

St.Monica Hostel is a nice budget option,situated in the grounds of the Anglican Cathedral in Zanzibar’s famous Stone Town.

But all reviews are rely on expectation.

Must be aware that is budget option which originated and based on UMCA .

You should know that Only 5 rooms have Private bathroom and Air Conditioned while rest of other rooms are shared bathroom with Ceiling Fans.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Monica hostel- Stonetown

Thank you, I believe it will be just fine for us.

Dar es salaam
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Monica hostel- Stonetown

Hi.

I normally stay at either Mazons Hotel or Shangani i think it is 60$ a night for non tanzanians.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Monica hostel- Stonetown

Did you stay there in the end? I am considering it too but also not sure, given the 2 terrible and 1 excellent reviews...

THank you!

5. Re: St. Monica hostel- Stonetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Stone Town