We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

I will be spending one night in Stone Town in August, arriving from a few nights on the beach sometime in the morning. I need to be at the airport around 3 am the following morning. I'm looking for a respectable hotel to spend my last night in Tanzania that could reliably get me to the airport in time. I'm hoping to spend the day before seeing Stone Town, perhaps a spice tour. Will be on my own. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
Stone Town
Stone Town
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

ZC, ZC, ZC....see my email...

nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

>>I need to be at the airport around 3 am the following morning. I'm looking for a respectable hotel to spend my last night in Tanzania that could reliably get me to the airport in time.<<

a 3am flight from Zanzibar or from Dar-es-Salaam? Believe it might be from DAR and if so you'll have to take a flight from ZNZ to DAR and believe the last flight is about 7 or 8pm*, meaning a long layover in DAR for your onward flight?

*I don't recommend taking last flight as it might be cancelled.

If departing from ZNZ for onward to another country, there are many hotels in Stone Town at reasonable prices who can arrange for a taxi to get you to the ZNZ airport which is a short drive - 10=15/min.

Remember though you have to allow about 1/hr prior flight ZNZ to DAR, but if it's int'l to another country direct from ZNZ, checkin is minimum 2/hrs prior departure.

And there's a departure fee to be paid, smaller amount if only ZNZ/DAR, higher if it's international. Be sure to have USD for this.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Stone Town
Stone Town
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

4sandi, her flight is from Zanzibar not Dar.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
309 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

And the question was regarding a good/reliable hotel and transfer ;-)

I definitely recommend Emerson Spice hotel!

Very reliable and trustworthy.

Mentioned in this post
Emerson Spice
Emerson Spice
588 Reviews
nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

I realize OP indicated 3am flight from ZNZ, but not certain there are int'l flights (certainly not local) at that hour. Why I asked whether flight might actually be from ZNZ to DAR from where most int'l flights depart.

Granted I may be off base, but we know how often some posters give us little info and we have to figure out what is really required as a proper reply. And, of course, never to return in reply or to clarify.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

I believe the flight is homebound but goes from Zanzibar to Nairobi, then overseas if I recall correctly. ZC is on the same trip with me and some other friends. Unfortunately right after the safari I have a day in Arusha then have to head home whereas all the others are heading to Zanzibar or Mafia. :(

I did giver her some links to a few hotels but obviously never having been to Zanzibar myself, all I can do is share a few links I found here on TA. It's obviously better to get feedback from people who have been there personally if possible.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

Still no reply from OP, but again doubt there's a flight from ZNZ to NBO/JKIA after dark. But do know there is an early morning Turkish Air flight (about 3am) from NBO via IST for connection to US or Canada. Even an early morning Turkish Air flight from DAR The reason I commented.

For a hotel, there's Tembo House, Dhow Palace... both at reasonable rates. Emerson Spice is lovely though might be higher cost than the others. Taxi though should only cost about $10-15.

Mentioned in this post
Tembo House  Hotel & Apartments
Tembo House Hotel...
1,083 Reviews
Dhow Palace Hotel
Dhow Palace Hotel
708 Reviews
Emerson Spice
Emerson Spice
588 Reviews
Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

Thanks for you assistance 4Sandi. I am quite a regular contributor on TA and had only not yet responded as DanielBMe was jumping in for me. My flight leaves at 5 something am from ZNZ via Nariobi, as Daniel stated. That seems to be a standard international flight from Zanzibar as another fellow traveler has a similar flight on a later date. I am mostly concerned about getting to the airport reliably at that time (as I have been in other countries where airport transfers in the middle of the night do not show up). I'm assuming from your posts that whatever hotel can call a taxi for me at that hour without a problem? I will look into your recommendations. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
9. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 17:33
10. Re: Stone Town Hotel with Airport Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2016, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Stone Town