excuse me for such a big number of questions. I have a great time now becouse I found at last the optimum itinerary and tour operator - Great Lakes Safaris mentioned in this forum.
There are a few questions nevertheless.
I want to have 3-4 relaxing days in the end of safari and would like to spend it at Chimps` Nest in Kibale because I have a special interest to Chimps and other primares. So my idea was: to move from Fort Portal to South directly to QENP without stopping at Kibale, then to have overnight at Hippo Hill Camp, to make game drive and Kazinga Channel boat trip; after that to drive to Ishasha looking for tree-climbing-lions. After that - returne to North, Kibale stay 3-4 days at Chimps` Nest. I offered to leave the guide-driver and to return to Kampala independently after my stay at Kibale.
But the company offered another plan of transfers:
- after Fort Portal to tranfer Primate Lodge Kibale Cottages (1 night),
- Chimps` Nest - 1 night only,
- Simba Safari Camp - 2 nights,
- Ishasha, Savannah Resort Hotel - 1 night
- ruturn to Kampala.
They wrote also: "in case you want to make it shorter then we need to consider removing Ishasha as it's also far from the other sectors and to be able to go there you have to sleep there".
I understand that Great Lakes Safaris want me to stay at Simba Safari Camp as long as possible because this camp belongs to them. Am I right? And I have nothing against if Simba S.C. has opportunities for relax and viewing monkeys.
This is the situation. Questions:
- worth to spend full day and overnight for visiting Ishasha?
- What is your opinion about Simba Safari Camp in general?
- is this place good for relax and monkey and chimps watching?
- which plan is more rationel - my plan or their one?
- is it normal practice if I leave the guide and car, stay in Chimps` Nest as long as I want and transfer to Kampala independently?
Many thanks to everybody in advance.