We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2015, 19:12
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

Well forst of all you cannot and must not 'walk around' outside the limit of your accommodation. You risk confrontation with wild animals of which there are many. As an activity you can go on walks with an armed ranger otherwise no.

UWA has prices on the website and will also respond to telephone calls.

You can book the Kazinga boat through them and I would imagine they would help with getting you from the Hostel area to the boat and back. Just ask. Game drives can be joined at Mweya Lodge,subject to booking.

Park fees are of course payable and any guide will cost $10 or so and maybe a tip.

Cannot help on Fort Portal.

Does the stop there mean you have no transport? If so how do you intend to enter the Park to gain the Hostel?

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

I suggest you go for both morning and evening games drive and afternoon /evening launch cruise is more rewarding.

In the park, you will need to hire UWA vehicle , Mweya safari lodge has also got vehicles for hiring but they might be a bit pricey for you.

You will also have to pay the game ranger for his guiding service.

3. Re: Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

You can hire a taxi in Katanguru, on the bridge over Kazinga, who will take you into the NP itself but you will have to pay park fees for him also.

There is lodging in Katanguru of mixed quality.

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

I have many of the same QENP questions as Kattrix.

However, we would also be open to a budget package tour with transport, lodge, food and guide, as this seems to be likely worth saving the time/energy that would go into DIY coordinating all these elements for those of us unfamiliar with the area, etc.

But the Dozens of Tours offered are making my head spin!

Of course I will continue with my own research as well. But input from the TA gang is always helpful and appreciated! Thanks

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

cut through the "Package tours" and just mail several Agents (several are often mentioned on here) in Kampala with your chosen Itinerary. I suggest about six or eight.

Tell them your budget limit and number in party. See what they come up with. Don't let them 'creep' the price up with extras.

choose the best fit for you.

Good luck.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

You can choose members of AUTO.

8. Re: Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

9. Re: Weekend Gate Away to Queen Elizabeth National Park

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 17:35
Get answers to your questions about Queen Elizabeth...