We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine tasting?

Oakland County...
Level Contributor
257 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Wine tasting?

Hello.. I was wondering if the majority of the wineries offer FREE wine tasting or is there a fee to pay at most of them?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine tasting?

The majority charge $1.00 to $2.00 per tasting experience. This allows you 5 to 6 samples of their different wines. Although I do not recall the names of the wineries, there were some that charged nothing and I ran into one on Seneca that was charging $3.00. This was last fall.

New Freedom...
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine tasting?

if you purchase wine, most wineries will put the cost of the tasting fee towards your purchase (at least around Seneca Lake)

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine tasting?

Some wineries also offer certain wines for free tastings, but charge for tasting their more premium wines. Glenora is an example. Also, a couple of wineries give you the tasting glass to take home as part of the fee.

4. Re: Wine tasting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Watkins Glen