We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

Which Watkins Glen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

Can anyone recommend a copy place for two nights in the middle of April? Looking for something inexpensive (under $90 per night) that has a log cabin kind of ambiance if possible! Would like to have TV, and a coffee maker/fridge if possible. Something rustic & romantic, but comfortable (and cheap!) Looking at the Budget Inn, Seneca Clipper, and Admiral Peabody's. Has anyone tried them? And what about the Seneca Lodge?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

I was surfing last night for different types of accommodations in various areas of NY and ran across this website:

http://www.winecountrycabins.com/

No coffee maker.

ooh....not necessarily cheap...even without breakfast....just noticed that.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

Julezz.....

You got me curious so I googled again......

This looks quite interesting..........

vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/42138.h…

PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

Wow! i love the cabin, but maybe a little TOO rustic. I need a bathroom that I don't need a flashlight to go to in the middle of the night, and God forbid, if my boyfriend can't get NBA scores. Thanks anyway - definitely the right ambiance!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

yes, I realized (after the fact) that there was no bathroom. Cute otherwise. Good luck.

Toronto
Level Contributor
340 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

While not $90/night the South Glenora Tree Farm B&B does have the cozy atmosphere you're looking for. They have 4 rooms in the main Inn (a converted barn, with TV in the common area for those scores. Rooms $129-$149/night), as well as a two room suite in it's own separate building ($169/night). Breakfast (included) is huge, and all rooms have a private bathroom. Web-Link attached.

http://www.fingerlakes.net/treefarm/

PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

Thanks - This looks like a wonderful place. Unfortunately, we're trying to stay on budget. Maybe next time! Thanks for pointing it out.

Dallas, TX
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

@Julezz ~~ where did you end up?

8. Re: Cabin/ cottage-type motel in Watkins- two nights in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Watkins Glen