We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showboat motel

Ellicottville, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Showboat motel

We stayed at the Showboat motel in 1999, and again in July 2011. The place has not changed a bit from what we can see. On one hand, the waterfront location is great and also peaceful. On the other, the accommodations are very dated, with dark wood paneling, older furniture, bedding, creature comforts and cleanliness. The bar/restaurant advertised specific hours, but seemed to change depending on business or the mood of management. Finally, it's about a 8 mile drive to get coffee in the morning, down to a new store adjacent to the Glenora Winery. The Showboat is no Marriott, where you head to the lobby for a dark roast coffee with your favorite International Delight coffee creamer and USA Today. Anyway, it's your choice, great, peaceful location, albeit with limited conveniences.

Lehman, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
38 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Showboat motel

If only the owners would fix the Showboat up just a little bit, people would be a lot happier. We also stayed their twice and the only reason we returned was because of the beautiful location. The motel is really the armpit of the area.

If you are asking about another place to stay, try the Rainbow Inn which is less than a mile down the road. We never stayed there, but it looks a lot nicer.

NYC
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Showboat motel

We're talking about the Showboat in Himrod, yes? I found this thread being that for some reason there is no listing in tripadvisor.

The Showboat has a beautiful location and the rooms we always stay in (on the lake) are in good shape. I don't care for the decor or the new flatscreen tv (or fat-screen as I call 'em) but that's no big deal. The lakefront location is gorgeous -- you can keep your windows open and see a gorgeous sunrise. Everyone that works there is nice and efficient. There is a pool, and a bar/restaurant where you can sit on a deck on the lake (and folks dock thier boats). The only downside is the restaurant food's not very good. But it's there when you need it; you can go elsewhere or picnic on your own.

The Rainbow Inn strikes me as very granny time. Restaurant was not good the one time we tried it. Also does not serve alcohol, a bit of a drag if you enjoy the wineries of the area.

Scott Township
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Showboat motel

Stayed at the Showboat out of necessity, not choice. Very musty with very old furnishings and no ammenities. Awful mattresses. Drafty old windows. Mouse in room. Staff not very sociable.

NYC
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Showboat motel

I find that shocking, Dia T. This sounds nothing like the Showboat in Himrod. Always crowded with vactioning families year after year. Always clean, always helpful staff.

Scott Township
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Showboat motel

Well Olive_Twist, no disrespect intended but we gave the Showboat another try this past weekend, their last for the season. Food was good, though limited choices due to the last night for the season. View is always grand but the facility itself is very run down. We spoke to John and I stick to my initial review, not very sociable. Will we go back? If nothing else is available. I recommend the Sunrise Landing.

6. Re: Showboat motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Watkins Glen