We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine trail on our own or tour?

Lancaster County, PA
Level Contributor
215 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Wine trail on our own or tour?

Hello, coming to the area Labor Day weekend. Fri-Mon. Def plan to do the wine trails. I am deciding whether or not to do a tour with a company or go on my own? Obviously the driving would be the deciding factor for most but my hubby doesnt typically drink much at all and doesnt care for wine, so I sort of have my own private driver already:) Having said that what are your thoughts? Is it easy to navigate the area for the trails? Parking is ample? I like pinot noir, pinot grigios and rieslings. Which trails/wineries arent do not misses for me?

Maine
Level Contributor
405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine trail on our own or tour?

Doing the 'tours' on your own is quite easy, particularly if your driving is covered. As for specific wineries others will likely make suggestions. This website contains lots of info though.

http://www.fingerlakeswinecountry.com/

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
408 posts
667 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine trail on our own or tour?

On your own. Generally lots of parking and easy to navigate - most wineries are right on the roads that circle each of the lakes. You can spend 2 full days just visiting Seneca Lake Wine Trail. It will be busy due to harvest and holiday weekend.

You'll find great riesling most everywhere - pinot grigo not so much. Don't miss Anthony Road, Fox Run, Herman Wiemer, Lamoreaux Landing and Red Newt. Best reds in the region hands down are at Shalestone.

3. Re: Wine trail on our own or tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:17