We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Labor day weekend be crazy busy?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
269 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Will Labor day weekend be crazy busy?

I am thinking of going there with some friends during the long labor day weekend, and visiting the park, walking the gorge trail on Saturday. Is this a bad idea? Will there be lots of people? I was just there on June 28 (Saturday before 4th of July week), and the hiking trail was fairly crowded at ~1pm, but tolerable. I wonder if it would be worst on August 30.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will Labor day weekend be crazy busy?

If the weather is good, it will most likely be busy as the Finger Lakes have become a popular tourist destination.

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will Labor day weekend be crazy busy?

rjr0810, is correct. Every weekend is busy around here during the summer, but the earlier you can get to the gorge the better off you are.

3. Re: Will Labor day weekend be crazy busy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2016, 21:15