We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

Hello. I am planing to be in Ein Bokek in september and wandering how much usual taxi cost from T.A. airport to Ein Bokek hotels?

thank you

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,913 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

A taxi from the airport to the hotels in Ein Bokek will run 675 NIS daytime and 830 NIS nights and Shabbat. To this you will have to add an additional 4-5 NIS per suitcase and also for any passengers over 2.

Make sure you go to the official taxi stand at the airport and tell the dispatcher what you need - this way you can be certain to get a licensed taxi and pay the official rate. Do not be tempted by anyone who approaches you in the terminal.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

Thank you!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

Rent a car!!!! So much easier and you can stop wherever you want and as long as you want.

It's an easy drive also!

Dr. Z

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

Why not rent a car? You will enjoy having a car while in Ein Bokek.

Bratislava, Slovakia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

I plan vacation a Dead Sea, I have flight ticket by Austrian to Tel Aviv. But I need transfer to Ein Bokek. Lots of answers disscuss about Seshir bus, I think that it must exist more transfer providers. My arrive to Ben Gurion is at 3,30 PM from Vienna and I will be very thanksful for help or for useful infomation.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

I think you have heard of the Nesher 'bus'. This is actually a large van that operates like a shared taxi and runs to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. From Jerusalem you might be able to take another Sherut (shared taxi) to the Dead Sea. I have only taken the Sherut back from the Dead Sea, not to Ein Bokek so am not exactly sure of where to catch it or how much it will cost. Either way, you would have to go to Jerusalem first and then transfer either to a bus or another Sherut at or around the Central Bus Station.

In my opnion, it would just be easier to rent a car for this transfer.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,913 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

You can take the Nesher sherut (shared taxi) from the airport to Jerusalem. However, from Jerusalem to Ein Bokek your options are limited to three:

You can take a private taxi from Jerusalem. You will have saved the cost of a taxi for the first portion.

Nesher sherut to Jerusalem will cost 58 NIS per person and a private taxi from Jerusalem to Ein Bokek will cost 450 NIS daytime rates or 549 NIS nights and Saturdays/holidays.

A private taxi from the airport all the way to Ein Bokek will cost 675 NIS day time or 830 NIS nights and Saturdays.

The third option is to rent a car - however, you need to consider how long you are planning to stay in Ein Bokek, where you are going next, and if you need a car as there are no car rental offices in Ein Bokek, so if it just for a transfer, you will not have the option of returning the car there.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,117 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

A transfer for up to 3 people with luggage is $297 by companies that specialize in transfers with prebooking.

Chana

Israel

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

Again....rent a car !!!

So much easier, less expensive, gives you an ability to make stops to see some sites, the drive is very easy, and gives you some flexibility to explore the area once you are there.

Dr. Z

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,685 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much transfer from airport to Ein Bokek normaly cost?

675 NIS is approx. $190 and 830 NIS is approx. $230. Both are less than the $297 for a company that specializes in transfers, and IMO is totally unnecessary. I have mixed emotions about renting a car. Coming from NYC you are getting off an almost 11 hour flight. There is a chance you are exhausted and depending upon which flight it could be dark. I wouldn't want to drive someplace I don't know exhausted in the dark. For the poster from Slovakia your flight is shorter and you shouldn't be as exhausted so I would maybe go for it.