We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

Nice, France
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

Hey,

I'm 20, from Germany. I'm stuck here till the 24th of July, is there anyone who wants to meet up and do something? Playing Tennis, hiking up the mountains etc.?

After 2 weeks this place gets rather boring and it's hard to find people to talk to.

I'm in the LOT hotel.

Bokek River
Canyons, Deserts, Hiking Trails, Nature & Wildlife Areas, National Parks
Route 90
Other Outdoor Activities
Dead Sea Premier
Beaches, Spas, Bodies of Water
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

why are you there for so long? if you can, leave and go to Jerusalem where there's plenty to do.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,318 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

Have to agree, whose idea was it to spend 2 weeks at Ein Bokek. NO ONE on this forum would have ever suggested it. People do day trips to the area, it is time for you to do day trips OUT of the area. BTW it is too hot to hike in the mountains without liters and liters of water per person and a very early start and end. If you DO decide to hike, make sure someone knows exactly what you are doing.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,974 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

I am assuming you are there for medicinal reasons, of which two weeks is a short visit. There is a bar/pub in the shopping area on the northern end not on the side of the sea. Perhaps you could meet up with others in a similar situation.

Chana

Israel

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,950 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

"Stuck" ? Please explain

Nice, France
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

Wow this forum is quite active.

So I'm here for medical reasons, a common stay is 4 weeks. I already went to the mountain, it's quite easy going, we went up at 4:30 and down around 7 o clock.

I made a few friends in my hotel but some of them are leaving this weekend.

So I'm really just looking for anyone who wants to hang out during the evenings or join a hike up the mountain or to the wadi.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 07:18
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,318 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

When I responded in # 2, my mind blanked that you could be there for medical reasons. I want to apologize if the tone of my response was offensive to you.

Nice, France
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

Haha never mind, after a while you learn to ignore all negative responses on the internet. ;)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,318 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

Benjamin--thank you, but they shouldn't be there, even on the internet we should respect--even if we disagree- I was wrong, felt bad and therefore wrote # 6

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

Did you find someone to hike with? Maybe you will find some contacts on the israel trail discussion site. I haven't been to the site but I remembered it has been mentioned in the past as a resource to connect with people.

israeltrail.myfastforum.org/forum31.php

Also I wonder if anyone here knows of any back packer hostels in the region.

Try emailing Green Packers in Mitzoe Ramon. They may know of a hiking group or hostel in Ein Bokek. There is a short trail through the Ein Bokek nature reserve and you really should go to Nachal Arguot in Ein Geddi

I saw people hiking there on their own and the park rangers were in the park walking the trails. We were there last week.

Just brainstorming. Hope you get out on the trails.

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stuck in Ein Bokek - Anyone wants to meet up?

@rdglady, don't worry, we're all used to you being offensive and blunt here on these forums. It is part of what we love about you! hehehehe ;)