We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Schedule

Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Schedule

How often, and how late does the bus run out of Ein Karem?

Thank-you!

6 replies to this topic
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Schedule

Line # 19 goes from 5:30AM till mid-night several times an hour.

Suggest you check your sepecific need at bus.co.il/otobusim/Front2007/HomePage.asp…

Edited: 11 October 2013, 21:46
Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Schedule

Thank-you Giora. That gives me a good idea.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,273 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Schedule

A bit late replying (I've been away for a week, and didn't see a computer once!).

But for those still interested, the 19 DOES NOT serve the village of Ein Kerem (the site which I assume Firebride is interested in. The 19 goes to Hadassah Medical Centre in Ein Kerem, which is not the same place.

The bus to Ein Kerem (where the churches, etc., are) is route 28, which starts at the Mount Herzl light rail station.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,093 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Schedule

inasmuch as these buses are Egged buses, I would suggest using the Egged site. I find it much more user friendly than otobusim.

It is

http://www.egged.co.il/Eng/

then click

Find a timetable and complete the form. It is easy and there will also be a map you can click on!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,273 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Schedule

To save you the trouble of ploughing through the Egged website, which isn't the easiest to use for intracity rides, I can tell you that the last bus back from Ein Kerem is at 00:09. From 21:09 onwards it runs every 30 minutes. Before that it is more frequent.

Note that the last light rail train from Mount Herzl is at midnight, so if you want to continue your journey to the city centre you'll have to get the 23:39 bus from Ein Kerem (scheduled to reach Mount Herzl at 23:57, a very tight connection allowing no possibility of delays with slow-boarding passengers!), or better to get the 23:09 bus.

Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Schedule

Yes ... I am still interested, and thank-you for doing the ploughing! I want to visit Ein Karem several times during my visit.

Hope you enjoyed your time away from technology. :)

Reply to: Bus Schedule
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ein Kerem
More Ein Kerem Topics