We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I manage

southampton
Level Contributor
30 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Will I manage

We are thinking of going to Peru and included in the tour is going into the jungle and staying at refugio amazonas . Can anyone tell me what level of difficulty this trip would entail if we did the hike in the jungle and the other activities that are available

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I manage

Not difficult at all, but I would recommend you go to Inkaterra instead

Lima, Peru
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I manage

Not difficult at all!

The Refugio Amazonas is an awesome lodge! You'll like it!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
149 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I manage

My then 6 year old daughter kept up with all of the hikes. It was a great time.

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
11 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I manage

Refugio is a great place. The hikes are not too bad. There are some stairs and a bit of a trek to the lodge,but it is mainly flat ground once you reach the lodge. They have a canopy tower that you climb up where you can view the canopy forest. We saw toucans, agouti and lots of other birds. I suggest when you go to the top put on long sleeves or a jacket once at the top. There are bees that land on you from the salt in your sweat. They have a lake ther called Oxbow lake where you go out in a canoe and watch for birds. We saw hoatzin and lots of other birds. There is also a log where there are long nose bats, it is pretty neat. We saw Dusty Titi's, saddleback tamarins ,howler monkeys , capucin and squirrel monkeys there. You will be assigned a guide while you are there. They will be with you on all of your hikes. They offer boat rides at night where you look for caimen also. I recommend the night hikes as well.

Edited: 21 November 2012, 15:41
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will I manage

Hello,

If you want to know more details about what to expect at Refugio Amazonas, check our their website www.perunature.com and read the FAQ's section. This will provide you with more details about your stay and answer any questions you may have about what to bring, medical considerations, etc. There are some long walks, but they are slow and guides generally cater to a pace you can manage. Enjoy your trip!

6. Re: Will I manage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2015, 01:15