We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posadas near the airport

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Posadas near the airport

I am looking at staying in a posada near Maiquetia airport and am wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I was going to stay at the Eurobuilding but they are charging a ridiculous $409 USD the night I need to stay there. The two I am looking at are Posada del Hidalgo in Macuto and Il Prezzano in Catia la Mar. There are no Tripadvisor reviews for the former and only one (positive) for the latter, so I am wondering if anyone has been to either and/or has heard anything about them. Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posadas near the airport

There are 2 other small hotels very close to the airport that both my family & guests have used.

Hotel Catimar - http://www.hotelcatimar.com/

My godson stayed there in December & said it was quite nice.

Hotel La Parada - 58- 212-351-2148

Many of our guests have stayed here.

Both provide airport pick up & return

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Posadas near the airport

I have stayed at Hotel Catimar a couple of times and it is more than sufficient for a night before an early flight. I wouldn't pay the rates the Eurobuilding charge personally. As PlayaElAgua says they have an airport pick up and return also.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posadas near the airport

Macuto is a abit of a drive from the Maiquetia airport so I would ditto what el agua says and choose either the Hotel Catimar or La Parada.

A word of caution about La Parada-I stayed there exclusively for many years when needing to overnight to catch flights but of late the last few times I reserved at La Parada I showed up to find the hotel fully booked and was taken to thier other property and it was not up to standards.

Now I almost exclusively stay in Hotel Catimar when overnighting as it is a bigger hotel so the overbooking has yet to be an issue.

Also, Hotel Catimar has a good on line booking system that has been so far reliable.

I have stayed on one occasion at Il Prezzano and cannot truthfully recommend it. The rooms are tiny and dated.

A word of advice-with both of these hotels-it is not advisable to walk around the streets in this area late at night especially by yourself. Get back to your hotel before 9 p.m.

Edited: 19 January 2013, 17:50
Reply to: Posadas near the airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maiquetia
Recent Conversations