We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed or visited Château la Fleur Picon ?

Which Saint-Emilion hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
425 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed or visited Château la Fleur Picon ?

I just received an e:mail from Catherine at Franc-Pourret that they're closing for the dates we have a reservation. She's recommended La Fleur Picon but I can't find anything about their rooms on line. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Snohomish...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed or visited Château la Fleur Picon ?

Hi, I sent a reply earlier but apparently it didn't post. Anyway we received the same message from Catherine. I found La Fleur Picon though Google. I searched "St. Emillion" and went to the tourism site. From there I went to accommodations and then "guest rooms". Scroll down and you'll fnd it under La Fleur Picon B&B

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
425 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed or visited Château la Fleur Picon ?

Ah, found it - thank you! We ended up booking at Chateau de Pitray instead. Bit further out, but looks nice.

Snohomish...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed or visited Château la Fleur Picon ?

Thanks for your reply! Enjoy your stay, the Chateau looks beautiful.

Regards from Snohomish Washington

Adelaide SA
Level Contributor
13 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed or visited Château la Fleur Picon ?

We stayed at Chateau le Fleur Picon for 3 nights early in May this year on Catherine's (Franc-Pourret) recommendation as she did not have a vacancy herself. The B&B is very conveniently situated about 10mins by car from the walls of St Emilion, and is surrounded by the vines of the family's small vineyard. The two rooms available are in a recently renovated building just across from the family house. We booked a room with ensuite facilities but were disappointed to find on arrival that the bathroom only contained a shower and handbasin, and that we had to use a shared toilet at the end of the passage. We thought this should have been made clear at the time we booked but because the B&B has just recently been set up we were not sure whether Mrs Lasseques, who spoke limited english, misunderstood what was meant by private facilities. The other bedroom used a bathroom in the passage. Having said that, our bedroom was large, airy and pleasant with a good bed, but furnished simply, with only a row of coat hooks and no cupboard. Every thing was spotless. A very good French breakfast with fresh bread, croissants, and homemade preserves and pancakes, was set out in the large room downstairs. There was also a place to sit out to have a drink in the evening and free wifi. The winery has been in the Lasseques family for 9 generations, and Anita and her son now run it. Her son very kindly spent a hour with us one day showing us over the winery and explaining their wine making process.

Apart from the misunderstanding and lack of communication about the ensuite our stay was very enjoyable

haarlem
Level Contributor
154 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed or visited Château la Fleur Picon ?

The last update was very helpful!

I found 2 TA reviews, but noone said anything about bathroom facilities.

So thanks!

6. Re: Has anyone stayed or visited Château la Fleur Picon ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 05:15