We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Northants
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Hi

I'm struggling to decide !! We are two 30yr old girls looking for a relaxing holiday but with some good nightlife to keep us occupied and a bit drunk, haha... I have found a late deal at the beginning of Sept, but will Afandou be too quiet ? We don't want anywhere too "in your face" and full of teenagers but we don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do.

Please decide for us :-)

Thanks v much...

Emily

Liverpool
Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Hi

We have been to Afandou loads of times - it is no Faliraki but can be quite lively at night though we usually go in high season around July.The liveliest bar is probably Simply The Best and this gets quite noisy and is a laugh. The Golden Days hotel usually has a karaoke and barbecue night on a Monday which is ace and worth a try. The village square is fairly quiet and has lots of good bars but relaxed rather than lively. We go to relax and have a laugh and we always get that - if you wander round the different bars you will find some of the most friendly and welcoming people.

Hope you enjoy it.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Hi Emily

Depends upon what type of nightlife you are after. If you want clubs and the like, then consider Lindos, Faliraki or Rhodes Town. If your idea of nightlife is relaxing in a bar and watching the world go by, then there's plenty of choice in Afantou.

Rhodes
Level Contributor
393 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Afandou is an ideal base as it is situated half way between Rhodes town and Lindos. The night life is nothing like Faliraki, which is only a 10 minute 10 euro taxi ride away. However there are some lively bars, with some of the bars in the square proving quite entertaining. Have to disagree about Simply the Best and Karaoke at Golden days but thats down to taste.

Staying in Afandou means you can get the benifit of Faliraki some nights without having to stay there and having the problems that come with a resort of that nature.

Northants
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Thanks for all your help and advice. You've sold it to me so I've booked up to go next week. Can't wait !

Thanks again.

x

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

We always make a special trip out to Afandou to have an evening there - enjoy the bars in the square opposite the church and as said dead easy to hit Faliraki

England
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Hi I love visiting Afandou, I have visited for the last 5 years and think it is a great place for a holiday. There are at least 2 night clubs in Afandou, one I think is up a side road opposite Bakiris car hire and there is one at the side of the Gumerslach Bar which is straight down the road past the neon cafe. There is a pool bar which is down one of the back roads. I do not know if these are used by tourists or just the locals. I see someone has mentioned Simply the Best which is a really good bar. Also for great views over the village go to the Skyline bar where you can also get an excellent meal. If you like a good laugh and for a fun night you have to call in the Acapulco and see Mike, Dimitris and Carla who are so welcoming to customers.If you want to know anything else, message me and I will give information if I can.

NIreland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Hi,any advice on how to get back to Afandou,we were supposed to go back in october past but the airline went bust now we have no way of getting back,unless we travel to England first. We have booked with Dimitris for this year but up till now we have no flight,we would hate not being able to get there as you know it is a great place and we have met loads of lovely people and lots of new friends. Anyone who have not yet been are missing out on a beautiful island. The locals make you feel very welcome,especially Dimitris Irenee Mike and Carla,so if you know the cheapest airport from any where in england to rhodes please let us know,then maybe we can try again and get a flight from belfast to that airport. Yammas.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Hi there

Easyjet fly Gatwick to Rhodes so that might be a good place to start.

England
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

well depends, the prices are so varied, Thomson is almost £500 from Doncaster and about £230 with Jet2 from Leeds and Manchester, these prices are for the summer. The cheapest flights are with Easy Jet about £130 in May. In my previous post I mentioned Simply the Best bar unfortunately it is no longer opening according to the web site.

NIreland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Will Afandou be too quiet for us ...... ?

Thanks guys that was a great help. I will start checking out the flights.

Get answers to your questions about Afandou
Recent Conversations