We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fags

Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Fags

Can you get Menthol cigs in Rhodes as thats all I smoke ,if so roughly how much are they Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fags

Hi,

You can normally get menthol gigs on Rhodes as I bought some for friends last October. There was quite a good choice but I recall Lambert and Butler, Mayfair and Berkeley. Price wise last October they were about 36€ a carton. Don't know if they've gone up since.

They're still half the price than in the UK. Don't know where you'll get them in Afandou as I stay outside Lindos but there will be somewhere.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fags

Hi again,

I forgot to mention that the price should be the same wherever you buy them as all the packets/cartons are price marked. They are the same price in the airport as in the normal shops.

Cheers

DAVE

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fags

You can get most brands, they will be around 40 euros for 200. They are price fixed all over the island, so no point 'shopping around'. Try the local brand 'Leader' - I normally have Marboro and like them - plus they're only 2.30 euro a packet!

If you don't find what you want in the shops / supermarkets, go to the tobacco kiosks, found at the roadside on most routes. They may look like little huts, but they're well stocked and plenty of variety.

If you find a brand you like and want to bring some back, buy in resort - I find the selection at the airport not so good.

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fags

Hi Andrea,

As you say the prices are fixed so ther is no point in shopping around to much. I've always found that if you buy with your credit card they also charge you 2 - 3% extra. I'm just off on my fifth visit but can't recall seeing the kiosks on the roadside. Where are they located?

Cheers

Dave

Edited: 30 June 2011, 23:46
5. Re: Fags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Afandou
Recent Conversations