We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from rhodes to marmaris

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
day trip from rhodes to marmaris

hi does anyone know how much it will cost for day trip 2 turkey & how much for two people please? also who should we book it with?

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip from rhodes to marmaris

Its 90 € for 2 people

Book @ Mandraki harbour

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip from rhodes to marmaris

The previous post isn't much help to someone that isn't going to know what 'mandraki' is so i'll try to be a bit more helpful.

The boats leave at around 8-8:30am from Mandraki harbour in Rhodes town and get to Marmaris in around an hour depending on which boat you're on,if you book it with an agent local to your resort the ticket price will include a free transfer to the port and back again,otherwise you'll have to make your own way to Rhodes very early in the morning, not ideal and not cheap compared to the transfer. More or less every 'travel exchange' sells the exact same trip for the same price of 50 euros or 90 for 2,you need to book it the day before you want to go at the latest and they'll take your passport when you book as they have to submit it for the visa(included in the price). If you want the name of a decent agent to book with then I can recommend one in Faliraki but like i say,they all sell the same trip and mostly it's on the same boat so any one will do,the price is the same everywhere.

If you do go then when you arrive at Marmaris port and get off the boat, if you want to do your own thing then don't bother with the little bus that they shepherd you towards,instead go to the port exit where the yellow cabs are all lined up and jump in one,it's 8 euros to the bazaar, it's a good idea to head there first before it gets too busy and too hot as this is when you'll usually be able to haggle the best prices,once the coach loads arrive the room for haggling is tight!

There's some decent shops if you come out of the covered bazaar and on to like a square with a fountain,some really nice clothes shops there with some better quality 'replicas',they're more fixed-price than the little shops inside but are still cheap. If you want lunch walk from this square around to the harbour front and there's some nice places there on the side street before you come out onto the main road,or head up the little cobbled street parallel to the front,this is 'bar street',there's some nice cafes up there.

When you want to go back to the port again get a taxi,there's a duty free once youve gone through customs where the cigarettes etc are really cheap but you can only get the normal allowance as you've left the EU,otherwise prices in and around the town are pretty similar to Rhodes for spirits etc. If you want to see some more 'old' turkey there's a different trip that goes to Datca instead of Marmaris.

3. Re: day trip from rhodes to marmaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 October 2011, 17:35
Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip from rhodes to marmaris

thank you for your help, i took the trip from rhodes 2 turkey years ago so had no idea how much it is now, will definitely be doing the trip this time but think will go further into marmaris not just the port area which although i loved i remember was more expensive in comparison 2 the main area? do u know what time the boat back is please?

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip from rhodes to marmaris

Hi, didnt realise you'd already been, the boat back will be the same time it was last time,about 4pm or so but varies day to day with other port traffic. there's nothing in the port area,do you mean the harbour,the actual port isn't really near the town. The bazaar where the main shops are is near the harbour front, there's other areas where there are shops but these are more what i'd call shops for locals,day to day stuff rather than tourist shopping. If you're along the road by the harbour front you'll see like a footbridge that goes from the road over to where you get onto the pleasure boats,opposite that little bridge is the road the road that leads to the bazaar,no idea what it's called but there's a massive billboard by it with 2 adverts,one for the 'anfield bar' and one for 'ibrox bar',you cant miss them,if you do just ask anyone you see,turkish or otherwise where the bazaar is from where you are. If you find bar street try and walk right to the far end,it seems like you're walking into the middle of a maze but when you do reach the 'end' there's a nice square with bars and cafes on that's really good for people watching. what sort of shopping do you want to do?

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip from rhodes to marmaris

to be honest not really going 4 the shopping! its not really my thing, just want 2 go & experience turkey again, as i said its been a lot of years since i was there & loved it but i remember getting there then being herded like sheep 2 where the rep wanted 2 take us, but the following year i went 2 marmaris for 2 weeks so really want 2 go away from where they drop u off & just enjoy wandering 4 a few hours, obviously after a long time u forget the best places 2 go but will have a look 4 the square u mentioned & people watch, thanks

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: day trip from rhodes to marmaris

You could try Datca instead of Marmaris, It's closer to Symi but there's a hydrofoil and ferry from Rhodes,takes about 90-120 minutes depending on service and stops briefly at Symi on the way, Datca is a much nicer place for seeing some more traditional sights for the day and the shopping,if you do decide to do any is more like you'd expect from a traditional market,i know you can book to go direct with the hydrofoil company but i'd imagine if you ask in one of the travel shops they'll be able to sort it out for you,as far as i know it's not sold as a 'day trip' as such as there's not a great demand like there is for Marmaris,but it's well worth going.

8. Re: day trip from rhodes to marmaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Afandou
Recent Conversations