We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afandou mini-train

Which Afandou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire England
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Afandou mini-train

Hi all,

Bit nervous as my first post, so please be gentle.

My partner and I ( 49/50 years of age) adore everything about Greece especailly Afandou. We are due to return end of May 2012 and would like to know the answer to 2 questions:-

1) is the villages mini-train due to be running by last week in May & has it got a different route from last year ?

2) What is the price for Leader (red) cigarettes ?

We love Greece/Rhodes/Afandou, and hope everyone (who can) will continue to holiday in greece and help keep alive the local way of life.

Regards Jacksaf X

bath england
Level Contributor
622 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afandou mini-train

it will be running then why would it have a different route? are you aware of a new hotel?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afandou mini-train

thought I'd post on this as an update, the mini train is no longer running - such a shame but evidently not profitable enough

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afandou mini-train

Hi,

It is a shame as for €2 it was well worth the money. I think it's due to the cutback in public expenditure in the economic crisis at the moment.

Cheers

Dave

Rhodes
Level Contributor
386 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afandou mini-train

Hi all

The train is running.

It started late this year about a week ago.

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afandou mini-train

we are going soon and staying at the oasis apartments does the train go near there ? thanks

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,969 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afandou mini-train

Sorry, no it does not.

The Oasis is on the main Rhodes Town to Lindos road

Leaves from village centre & goes to the beach

Rhodes
Level Contributor
386 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Afandou mini-train

Trevor is wrong.

The Afandou mini train services some of the local hotels and runs from the village square to these hotels via the beach.

Each year the service seems to change, however it usually makes a couple of journeys down to the Georgia hotel which is down by the main road a few hundred metres from the Oasis. The train did service the Lippia and then went up the lane as far as the main road previously and did a loop which would have been opposite the Oasis but I do not think that they have done this over the past couple of years.

As yet the train hasn't appeared, it usually does around the end of May, so it might be there when you are.

Consider a taxi for the trip back to the Oasis as the train fare was 2 euros last year and a taxi for 2 of you probably won't cost much more than the 4 euros. There isn't a charge for catching the taxi at a rank but if you call one to the Oasis you will pay more.

Hopefully the Oasis will know the train situation when you arrive.

8. Re: Afandou mini-train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Afandou
Recent Conversations