We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food

We are going to Afandou on Wednesday, it should be around 10.30pm by the time we get there. Thinking we might be peckish I was wondering if anyone knew if there is anywhere to get food this late at night? Apparently the hotel kitchen closes at 8.30pm. Thanks Paula

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food

Hey and welcome pfret:-) I don't have any specific recs for you but am sure they'll soon follow:-) Just wanted to let you know that 10:30p is not *late at night* in Greece:-) Greeks don't usually even start heading out to eat till then.. tavernas will be packed.. you certainly won't go hungry;-) Have fun.. and EnJOY!

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Food

Thank you for your reply. I have been reading lots of reviews and looking at the forums it's been a great help when booking our trip. It's nice to know we can eat when we arrive I think we will be ready for a decent meal.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food

My pleasure:-) Again, am sure you'll get some specific suggestions here.. I stayed/based in the Old Town where there was a plethora of places going well into the night;-) Just kicked in here to let you know not to worry.. 10-11p is early for the wonderful Greeks;-) Keep Enjoyin'!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Food

My first time in Greece in fact it's been 7 years since our last holiday abroad so we are really looking forward to it :)

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food

.. Oh yeah, I bet you are;-)) Am sure you will love it.. and the wonderful locals;-) Eat late like they do;-)) For the most part, it's the tourists/visitors that fill up the tavernas from about 6 to say 8-9p.. the Greeks come out later when many having eaten are asleep already, lol;-)) Wonderful lifestyle;-)) Enjoyin'!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Food

:) thank you! Getting excited :-D

Edited: 18 July 2014, 22:21
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food

we have been 3 times lovely little town,plenty of places will still be open but there is a gyros shop open until about 2am it is up from the square heading towards golden days hotel /beach road up from mimis

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Food

Thank you we are staying at the golden days so that's good to know! Hey I see you're from Newcastle a fellow Geordie lol

Edited: 20 July 2014, 13:21
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Food

If you come out of the golden days main entrance and turn left that leads you along the main high street in afandou. Basically next door to where you are there is a supermarket. Next to that there is a great ice cream/crepe shop where all the ice cream is made on the premises.

A couple of doors further up from there is a great restaurant called four seasons. Fully recommend it. My dad lives in afandou and this is where nearly all the locals get home delivery from. We went to visit in April and ate there 3 times. Am also going back at the end of July and will be going there again guaranteed.

Hope these small bits help the rest is worth walking just to explore. If you want any more info please feel free to reply.

Cheers

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Food

Thank you Wayne, when you go somewhere you've not been before it's hard to get an idea of what times places stay open etc, especially when I knew it was a town rather than a resort. :)

Get answers to your questions about Afandou
Recent Conversations