We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Transfer

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi Transfer

Hi just about to book flights to kefalonia, can anyone recommend a taxis we could use from airport to kefalonia palace bay hotel (not booked that bit yet) we don't want to hire a car so need taxis trfs.

Many thanks

Mariag

halifax
Level Contributor
881 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Transfer

Hi Mariag

I know that the taxis are quite expensive from the airport to Aghia Efimia as we have booked a package for September including a transfer but are meeting a friend who has booked independently and he is going to hire a car as its cheaper than paying for the taxi and he has shopped around quite a bit before coming to this conclusion.

Sue

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,285 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Transfer

Hi Mariag,

As you have said on another thread you are not driving so the only way is taxi!

You can expect to pay about 55 euros for a taxi. Some firms will give a discount if you book a return trip.

If you use the internet to book one, then note there are transfer firms that are really just agents and they add a percentage to the fare for their profit. Look for a real taxi firm such as the one below. There are others.

http://www.kefaloniataxis.com/

You do not actually need to book as there are usually plenty of taxis parked outside the airport.

Bob

bristol
Level Contributor
740 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Transfer

There are usually plenty at the airport. Otherwise ask the hotel to book one for you. Cost 45E

halifax
Level Contributor
881 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Transfer

Thanks for that link Bob its much cheaper than we have previously seen

bristol
Level Contributor
740 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Transfer

Not sure if you have been yet but we paid 45 euros each way. The owner of the accommodation always books for us

Peterborough
Level Contributor
85 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Transfer

I got in touch with www.taxi-kefalonia.com following a link from another thread recommending them. I was looking to get a price for a taxi to Svoronata as I'd declined the stupid £25 per person each way transfer offer made by the holiday company.

I emailed them and they responded straight away with a quote of €20 but if I booked both to and from the hotel (i.e. when we go home) he'd offer a discount of 10% making it €18 each way, payable on the day to the driver. I've since confirmed this with him and they've replied saying all done and they'll have a man waiting in arrivals with my name on a piece of paper!!

Really good prompt & polite service, and looking at their website, nice cars so no getting stuck in a banger!!

OOPS! Just seen this was a thread from June so my info may be redundant. Oh well, maybe someone else can use it!!

Edited: 09 August 2013, 10:34
7. Re: Taxi Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Agia Efimia