We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting there from Airport...

Brighton, England...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Getting there from Airport...

Hi there, does anyone know the cheapest way to get to Agia Efimia from the airport. Hoping for a cheap bus as we are on a budget....will be arriving at 13:55, so should be out of the airport by 14:45. Any tips? Many thanks, Cat

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,502 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting there from Airport...

Hi Cat,

Unfortunately the only way to get to Agia Efimia without hiring a car is by taxi. There are no buses at the airport. You can expect to pay around 55 euros each way although some firms will give a discount for a return trip. The link below is for one firm that is reliable but of course there are others equally reliable.

Depending on which month you are arriving then it could well make economic sense to hire a car to collect from, and return to, the airport. Have a look at Pefanis, Greekstones who are local reliable companies (there are others). Their rates include all insurances with no excesses.

The only other way is to post a different thread asking if anyone is going to Agia the same day and time who is willing to share.

http://www.kefaloniataxis.com/

Incidentally, arriving at 13.55 you will be clear of the airport by 14.15 if the baggage is slow off the plane! Two weeks ago, with only hand luggage we were out of the airport and in our hire car within 15 mins!

Have a great time in Agia

Bob

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting there from Airport...

I believe in keeping the car hire business in the village.

Nikos of Star Villas in the village will meet you from the airport he is so reliable and cheaper than a lot.

There are no extras what you see is what you get. Driving believe me is so easy and you will miss so much if you dont the island is stunning

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting there from Airport...

Hi there

A possibly cheaper alternative is to check out the dedicated transfer companies and see what their rates are like. Try Googling ResortHoppa, Transfers4U, A2B Transfers, Travel Republic, and so on. They charge per person so do the sums and if it's less than €110 return for the taxi, go with it.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting there from Airport...

Hi there, i am planning to stay at Violatos studios in sept, Can anyone tell me if there are safes in the rooms ?Will be travelling on my own & my first time to cefalonia .

thanks julie .

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting there from Airport...

It is generally cheaper to get a taxi locally - they charge for the journey, not per person.

The company I have used for many years charge €50.00, one way, to Sami - so I assume that Agia Efimia will be the same. If two people are travelling, €25.00 per person. Four people, €12.50 per person!

piskie2112,

Crime is almost unknown in Kefalonia. I wouldn't worry about having a room safe.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting there from Airport...

Thanks, have just realized i've posted this on this thread !!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,502 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting there from Airport...

Hi piskie,

We have stayed in Violotas a couple of times and they do not have safes in the rooms. As gared has said they are not needed as long as you are sensible. We just do not leave valuables around in sight and have never had a problem in over 20 years of staying in the village.

Have a great time.

Bob

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting there from Airport...

Thanks again !

9. Re: Getting there from Airport...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Agia Efimia
Recent Conversations