We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrto

Littleborough
4 posts
Save Topic
Myrto

Please can someone tell me if all the rooms at the Myrto apartments in Agia Efimia have Balcony or terrace, as the brochure says most have them.

Mentioned in this post
Agia Efimia
Agia Efimia
Cephalonia, Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrto

Hi Veeny and welcome,

I have stayed at Myrto many times over the past 20 years and always had a sea facing room. There are one or two that face the mountains and I think that they have a balcony but strange as it may seem I cannot be sure!

You could email them and ask for one but I don't know if Manos allocate the rooms!

alisandratos@yahoo.com

Have a great time

Bob

Cumbernauld, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrto

the rooms at back also have balcony or terrace

Littleborough
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrto

Thank you for that info, with the brochure saying most have balcony or terrace did not know if we would have one or not.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrto

hi,my wife and i are off to the myrto in june, if anybodys going between now and 24th june please let us know about it all the usual stuff aircon prices sea view rooms etc.

thanks bezzer.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrto

Hi bezza,

Congratulations. A great place to holiday.Rooms either have a sea view or mountain view. Ground floor ones have a small patio, others have a balcony. Air con is 5€ per day (well they were last year). If you have a sea view and are not on the ground floor, you can drive round the "back" which is actually the front and you do not have to carry your baggage up stairs. The owners, Makis and Kiki and their son Dennis are very helpful although Kiki's English is very poor.

The cooking facilities are the normal two rings and electric kettle with plenty of cutlery and crockery. The kettles do not always turn off when boiling and if it boils too long the handle gets hot!

The rooms are allocated by Manos, or they were when we used them. We were there over Easter before their contract with Manos (Thomas Cook) started in May. The wifi on our room (No. 3) was fine and there is a computer in the garage that guests may use. The garage is also home to many swallows during spring!

In the village plenty of tavernas and café/bars. Our favourite tavernas are Spiros and, for a more traditional Greek taverna that is open all year - Pergolas, on the road out of the village going towards Myrtos. Our favourite café is Gialos. To be fair there are no bad eating places.

any other questions about the village please just ask

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Myrtos Beach
Myrtos Beach
3,009 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myrto

thanks for that bob it sounds like a great little hotel just what we like.is there a site that gives you the location,ive been on just kefalonia street walk but cant see it anywhere.

thanks bezzer.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myrto

Hi again,

If you follow the road round the harbour past all the tavernas to the quay. Carry on about another 25 -50 metres and there is a narrow road up a steep hill between two cottages. The apartments are at the top of this hill. It is only about 50 metres.

I have tried to give you a link to a great video, stopped at the best spot. You can just make out the whie and blue building that is Myrto.

tripinview.com/#/presentation/43/?video=21067

Bob

PS I will try and find some other pics.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Myrto

Hi again,

I am not that good with Justkefalonia map walk/. However I have tried (and failed!) to get to the bottom of the side road. In my link, if it works, it is just where the red and green cars are!!

http://justkefalonia.co.uk/agia_efimia.asp

Bob

9. Re: Myrto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Agia Efimia
Recent Conversations