We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agia Efimia

Huntingdon, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Agia Efimia

Hi

Having been to Kefalonia for many years always staying in Skala, this year We Fancy a Change and are considering a visit to Agia Efimia...

Basically Im after some advice about the Night Life & Best Bars & Restaurants for our evening meals. We Fly Out on the 27th September for a Week.

Any Advice Greatly Apreciated

Gill x

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agia Efimia

Hi Gill and welcome,

The nightlife is very laid back and is mainly spent people watching, and afternoons are spent watching yacht flotilla sailors mooring, or trying to moor, their boats.

To be fair there are no bad tavernas in the village as they would not last. Lots of people like Paradise Beach which is about a ten minute walk beyond the harbour up a slight hill. It has great views across the bay towards Sami. However we found in the high season that as a couple we got worse service than groups of four or more.

For me the two best tavernas are Spiros along the harbour front and, for a real local Greek taverna that is open all year, we love Pergola which is on the edge of the village on the road towards Myrtos Beach. The owner is also the chef and his wife is the chief waitress/front of house. They have reluctantly just installed wifi in the taverna

Night time, or, don't let my wife know, but breakfast time also when I go with my brother and not my wife, we love Gialos on the corner of the main square. Lots of the locals drink and chat there.

During the afternoon we enjoy going to Asteria, a very quiet café/bar run by a very old lady who is a "real sweetie". She makes wonderful Nescafe Frappe with milk and sugar!

Hope this is a bit of help.

Bob

Huntingdon, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Agia Efimia

Thank you Bob for your reply, Much appreciated. We have decided on Agia Efimia and have booked at the Santafemia for the week, We have visited Skala 9 times previously but really fancied somewhere different, Really looking forward to it now roll on sept ;-).

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agia Efimia

Might see you there as I am staying in the village with my brother 9th - 18th Sept

Bob

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agia Efimia

Hi Bob, will be able to meet you at last this year then. 24th June for 2 weeks and then again 4th September for 3 weeks, see you in Gialos then.....Vivien (the divers wife)

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agia Efimia

Look forward to it Vivien!

Lake District
Level Contributor
146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agia Efimia

We'll be at Agia Efimia 11-25th September so see some of you there!

chesterfield
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agia Efimia

Hi TravelBob . We are in Lourdas at the moment and would like a couple of nights in Agia Efimia, can you recommend anywhere ' average budget' with a pool and parking

Thanks

Mark

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agia Efimia

For a couple of nights try these studios where there is a pool and I think parking

http://www.makisvillage.com/en/

Or these hotels but I don't know what "average budget" is or what these charge for a couple of nights

http://www.hotelodyssey.gr/

Gonatas Hotel contact details

Phone : +30 26740 61500, 61501-2, 61213

Fax : +30 26740 61464

Address : 280 81 Agia Efimia KEFALONIA IONIAN ISLANDS

Gonatas has no website or email as far as I know.

These studios are bargain basement. clean and tidy but you park in the road outside and you can always drive round to Odyssey or Gonatas and use their pool if you buy a drink or two (well, you used to be able to!).

www.konstantinosapartments.com

I don't know of any other places with pools who do the odd couple of days but the company in the link may be able to help

http://www.astro-holidays.com/index.html

Hope this helps

Bob

chesterfield
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agia Efimia

That's Brilliant Bob

Thanks for your help

Mark

10. Re: Agia Efimia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Agia Efimia
Recent Conversations