We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the cheapest way to go Lixouri from Agia Efimia?

Which Agia Efimia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
1 post
Save Topic
What is the cheapest way to go Lixouri from Agia Efimia?

Hi. I need to go to Lixouri/Argostoli (whichever is the cheapest option) on the 8th from Agia Efimia. As I'm currently 20 y/o (1 more month to be 21y/o), I'm not eligible to rent a car here. Is there any way I can travel to Lixouri/Argostoli besides taking a taxi (I reckon it'll be very expensive to travel by taxi as Agia Efimia and Lixouri/Argostoli are so far away from each other).

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the cheapest way to go Lixouri from Agia Efimia?

Hi Cheeping_Chew and welcome,

Apart from a taxi (about 55€) the only way is be bus.

According to the May timetable there is a bus at 06:45 and 07:25 from Agia Efimia to Argostoli bus stop. The 06:45 is only Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

There is a bus from Sami (a 10 min taxi drive) at 08:00 to Argostoli but it might be the 07:25 that starts from Agia Efimia.

From the bust station it is about a 10 min fast walk to the ferry to Lixouri which leaves during the week every hour on the half hour.

Hope this reaches you in time

Bob

PS the return bus is at 11:30 and 13:00

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the cheapest way to go Lixouri from Agia Efimia?

Apologies on two counts.

First I posted too late.

Secondly, the times given do not happen on a Sunday!!

The only excuse I have is that I had been camping with fifty youngsters all weekend and didn't have a clue what date it was!!

Bob

3. Re: What is the cheapest way to go Lixouri from Agia Efimia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Agia Efimia