We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good beach.

usa
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good beach.

I would be grateful if somebody would recommend the best swimming beach on Capri for children ages 12,6,4. Rocks are okay--we know this. Thanks.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good beach.

The only beach resort I know about in Anacapri is Lido del Faro

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

it's a blue anchor on the map. You can get there on the city bus. It is the end of the line for the bus that down Via Nuova Faro that start by the cemetary (end destination faro-blkue trol;ley marker).

pool

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

shore

area down stairs to the sea

I am not sure I would let my children play down there. I was nearly sucked out off the ledge when the tide started to come in. The pool looks great to me after that.

Edited: 27 November 2009, 14:38
usa
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good beach.

Thank you. I think yes to the pool, no to the sea.

Chris

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good beach.

A good beach club for the kids would be Bagni di Tiberio, which is reached by shuttle boat from Marina Grande. Unlike other Capri beach clubs, at this one the kids can wade into the water, rather than having to swim in deep water. The restaurant is great. All the facilities are avaiable. My guess is that you and the kids will love it.

usa
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good beach.

Yes, thank you. I think this is what we will do, we will be arriving at Marina Grande.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good beach.

Since you posted your question in the Anacapri forum it's not clear whether you're asking about beaches there or down below in Capri. On the Anacapri side of the island there are two main points for swimming. Neither is a beach but rather smooth rocks and cement platforms at water's edge. As Lupaling mentions, one is the Lido del Faro complex at Punta Carena at SW, while the other is Gradola/Blue Grotto at the NW corner of the island. Two separate bus routes go to both places from Anacapri. And have no fear, there is no tide in the Mediterranean - maybe some waves from a passing boat.

Down at Capri you also have two choices. Marina Grande and the Bagni di Tiberio as Gotlegal recommends, and Marina Piccola on the south side of the island. Both areas have pebble beaches with pay-to-enter beach clubs and free areas. The beach at Marina Grande is the largest. If you want to tour Capri first, you can take the San Costanzo bus down from the town and get off at the stop in front of the church of the same name. Walk up past the soccer fields and follow the paved pathway to Bagni di Tiberio. Once there, the beach club Gotlegal mentions will be on your left as you go down the steps, while the small free beach is on the right. At the end of the day you can take the boat back to Marina Grande and the port.

usa
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good beach.

Thank you. I meant to post on Capri forum.

I like the Bagni di Tiberio. It seems very nice.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good beach.

This picture was taken in May 2008 of the shore near San Constanzo which we had visited using the bus the settecento mentioned. It was where we got off the bus.

Looking at the map, it seems to me that this must at least be near Bagni di Tiberio?

I am not sure about the tide thing, but something happened while we were at Lido Del Faro. The sea went from pretty calm with the water behaving itself at the bottom of the stesp

to really lashing the steps with waves

in the course of the afternoon.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good beach.

Lupaling, I mentioned the bus to San Costanzo because we take it when we go to Bagni di Tiberio. It's about a ten minute walk from the bus stop to the beach.

The sudden waves you experienced at the Faro were probably caused by a rapidly passing large ship far out at sea. It takes awhile for the waves to arrive at the shore but they do create a turmoil for a couple minutes. The oceans are affected by tides twice every 24 hours that raise or lower the water level by a few centimeters or several meters. In the Med the water level is constant.

Your photo Capri 45 is of the beach at Marina Grande, on the west side of the port. San Costanzo (spelled CoStanzo) and its church is way up above the Marina Grande area.

Edited: 28 November 2009, 16:45
North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good beach.

What is the water temperature of the sea in September??

10. Re: Good beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2010, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Anacapri
Recent Conversations