We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prada Outlet

Miami
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Prada Outlet

Hello, will be traveling to Italy April 2012 and started planning the shopping segment of my trip. Can anyone advise which is the best way to get to the Prada Outlet. Is it worth the trip as I know it will take a whole day. Also, is it worth going to the Gucci outlet mall? Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,662 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prada Outlet

Some people love the outlets, some people don't. I went with my mother, sister and two teenage girls and we came back empty handed as we found everything was out of season and outsized. How long do you have in Florence? If you have a week, then it might be worth it to you, but if you have three days or less, then I really wouldn't waste your precious time there.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prada Outlet

1) I'm not an outlet person, (I'm male, not a compulsory shopper, semi-interested in fashion in that male way – mostly wanting to avoid terrible mistakes), but I have still found it worth going to both the Space Prada Outlet as well as The Mall (there's a good 35-minute drive between them).

2) I wouldn't travel to Tuscany/Montevarchi for the shopping alone, (see 1). I go to the region for the wine, the food, the pleasant and beautiful surroundings, a little bit of cultural excitement, (Siena's Palio horse race is quite spectacular), and so forth. Heck, it's Tuscany, enjoy it!

That being said, I've left the Space Prada Outlet with Prada shirts typically coming with a 65-85 € price tag, (since it's not a sale but a factory outlet, they carry most sizes).

I've left the Armani store at The Mall twice with Armani Collezioni suits, typically costing about 395-450 €.

To me those are pretty nice deals.

- Worth flying to Italy and going to a remote little town for? No.

- Worth wasting a few hours at while in the region? Oh, yes.

And if you're into sunglasses and handbags, my impression is that you will not be disappointed.

Link to my latest travel report of Space: http://www.guidebook.se/archives/1174

Link covering my last visit to The Mall:

http://www.guidebook.se/archives/1539

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prada Outlet

guidebook - Thank you for your extremely informative report of Space.

Does Space restock on a daily basis? We are thinking of going on a Monday.

Also, does Space provide VAT refund at the store or paperwork for redemption at the airport?

Thanks so much.

Reply to: Prada Outlet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montevarchi