We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

woodtsock from london

Which Woodstock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
woodtsock from london

can anyone give me any inofmation on getting to woodstock from london england - for exampel the best place to fly too etc

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: woodtsock from london

You can choose to fly from London into John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport in NY or into Liberty International (in Newark, New Jersey). Once you touch down, you'll need to get into Midtown Manhattan to the Port Authority Bus Station where you can catch a bus to Woodstock, NY.

Now...are you looking to visit the actual SITE where the Woodstock Festival/Concert took place?? Because that's nowhere near the town of Woodstock. That's in Bethel, NY - site of a new museum about the festival and a concert hall. Don't know if there are buses to and from NYC to there. The town of Woodstock is cute, albeit a bit touristy, and I've visited many times (have family nearby). It's a nice day trip from NYC, perhaps even worth an overnight trip there. Nice galleries, shops, cute cafes and always an interesting vibe.

Here's a link to some bus information...everyone knows the company and they have a good reputation...

trailwaysny.com/html/…woodsnyc.pdf

london
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: woodtsock from london

firstly thanks for the information

id like to visit the festival location and the big pink so any onformation on that would be great

regards

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: woodtsock from london

Hmmm.....the more I think about your plans, the more I'm obliged to tell you that you're best bet will be to rent a car. Actually, you're going to have to rent a car to pull this off. Our public transport is nothing like what I find when travelling in Europe.

The Woodstock Festival site is in Bethel, NY. You can find more info by Goggling "Bethel Woods" which is the name for the new performing arts center/museum built at the site. I do not think there are buses to/from NYC to get you there.

However, maybe you can take a bus from NYC to Woodstock (or a nearby, perhaps larger town) and arrange for a rental car once you're there. In fact, the city of Kingston, NY is probably a stop or two before you arrive in Woodstock and would be your best location for securing a car rental in the area. (Kingston is about 20-25 min tops from Woodstock proper). I don't think there are any car rental agencies in Woodstock. Enterprise Car Rental company is a national company here...most like have an office in Kingston, and they will COME TO YOU with the car for no extra charge (that's their main sales gimmick and it's very convenient!).

The Big Pink is located in Saugerties, NY, about 72 miles northeast of the festival site (about 1 hr 45 min drive!). There is NO public transport to get you there - definitely have to have a rental car. The actual address of the house is 56 Parnassus Lane (formerly known as 2188 Stoll Rd.). You can plug the address into Mapquest to get a map. It's a pretty, rural area to drive around in.

Hope this helps you make your plans.

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: woodtsock from london

Ooops....typo..... I meant to write "Googling"

Woodstock, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: woodtsock from london

Another idea is to fly into the Albany NY airport and rent a car there. The Albany airport is less than an hour from Woodstock (town) and Saugerties, and is sooo much calmer and easier to deal with than any NYC airport. Believe me, I've done all of them many times. It's also closer to Bethel than NY city airports, and you would avoid all that nasty traffic.

The town of Woodstock is 20 minutes from Saugerties (where Big Pink is) and is worth a visit. The original Woodstock festival was going to be held here, but outgrew its original location. Woodstock has been and is still the home of many wonderful and well known musicians and there is always some good music going on here.

Have a great trip!

6. Re: woodtsock from london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Woodstock