We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from JFK to Yonkers

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
318 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Greetings from across the pond!

I'm due to arrive at JFK on a Thursday evening at around 11pm. Not sure easiest way to get to Yonkers where I'll be staying. Tricky to find cab prices for the journey. Not completely against renting a car for a couple of days if prices OK. What say you?

5 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,342 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Where in tinker are you staying, and why Yonkers? Will you be visiting manhattan, or do you have other plans?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Thanks for super-speedy response!

Staying in Yonkers (off McLean) for the first two days of five day trip. Old friend demands we stay with him before last three days in Manhattan!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,976 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Ask your friends how they travel to and from JFK. It's possible to do this with the AirTrain, subway, and then a local bus, but this will be a very LONG trip.

BTW - This may be relevant for you although it's rarely relevant for tourists. Metrocards, which we normally think of as only being valid on subways and city buses, are also valid on Bee Line buses to Westchester, where your friend lives.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Perhaps a cab or rental is the way to go and I know it's a simple whizz up the 87 if I recall. Thanks again.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,776 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Either rent a car, take a taxi, or CT. Limousine. Or a per arranged car service.

Taxi may be 100.00

Many car services, just goggle them

Reply to: Getting from JFK to Yonkers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yonkers