We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gem Mines

Which Banner Elk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milton, West...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Gem Mines

I would like to know about some gem mines in the

area. I'm planning to be staying in the area in

July. Thanks in advance for any information.

Boone, North...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Gem Mines

There are many great Gem Mines in the area. The only one that I have ever had a bad experience at was River and Earth Gem Mine, rude staff and way over priced. So I would definitely NOT recommend them. But while you are in the area I would suggest going white water rafting. My family and I went last year and had a blast. The company we went with was High Mountain Expeditions. Their staff was great with our kids and the trip was reasonably priced. Hope this information helps.

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gem Mines

My sister went to one near Spruce Pine last summer. It was or is "famous" where they book a party of 12 or something like this and you get the place for 4 hours. I could be off on this. I know it is in Spruce Pine, but I dont know the name. Sorry.

3. Re: Gem Mines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Banner Elk