We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

Perryville, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

The website is down, calls went unreturned and now the phone is disconnected - no response from e-mail. Where is Walt? What's up with the Old Mill? Where is Sully? This is one of my favorite places ever and I have had some wonderful and amazing times there - to think of the world without it makes me feel bereft. Anyone with any information on what's going on would be appreciated - Thanks -

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

We stopped by there last fall and it had been sold and was under new management. It was not the same - except they still had the fresh cider and still carried the brand of molasses we liked to get there. Not sure what the situation is currently. We'll be back up that way soon - I'm anxious to stop and see what is happening. You can't get cider anywhere like the Old Mill.

Perryville, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

Actually, I'm talking about the The Old Mill Bed and Breakfast across from the Post Office in Bat Cave, not the old mill up the road nearer to the fire station where they sold cider etc. - Thanks for the quick response, but wrong spot!

Columbia, SC
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

Searching for info on Old Mill B&B and Walt, too. Asked old friends, nobody seems to know. Anybody know anything?

coltsouth@aol.com

Perryville, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

Maybe the postmistress at the Bat Cave, P.O. across the street knows or has a forwarding address. Please post if you hear anything else - as will I. Thanks -

new york, ny
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

Did anyone ever find Walt or figure out what happened? I love that place too....sooo many good memories!!!

w.p.b. Fl
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

We would like to know where's Walt? We think he's the best thing that ever happened to Bat Cave.

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

Just in case anyone else finds this while searching....

The Old Mill B&B has been closed for a couple years now. I believe the building may even be up for sale.

I do not know Walt or Sully, but every now and again I will see a light on in the evening.... although it really does not appear that anyone is living there, and the building is basically in shambles.

I hope this helps.

8. Re: What's Happened to The Old Mill-Bat Cave NC: Where's Walt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Bat Cave