We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming in the ocean

Proctorville, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
swimming in the ocean

My family will be staying at Emerald Isle the first week of June. Is the water usually warm enough to swim at that time? Also what are the best family attractions, especially affordable ones! We enjoy everything swimming, go carts, any thing to make good memories. Can't wait for our vacation, even though its only Nov. LOL

Mentioned in this post
Emerald Isle
Emerald Isle
North Carolina Coast, NC
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,705 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming in the ocean

Coming from Ohio, it'll probably be plenty warm. If you were coming from somewhere warmer it might feel a bit too cool for you. I have hit some Junes where the weather was uncooperative, but usually it's pretty nice. The water is much warmer at the end of the summer and into September, but the air temps are usually plenty warm in June so that makes a dip in the ocean refreshing. I would expect ocean temps in the 70s and air temps in the 80s.

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
2. Re: swimming in the ocean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Beaufort
Recent Conversations