We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Rentals on top of the mountain?

Which Beech Mountain hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Rentals on top of the mountain?

Greetings!

We're staying on top of Beech mountain and have access to ski in/out, so naturally I'd like to rent our equipment on top of the mountain. Any recommendations?

1 reply
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Rentals on top of the mountain?

I'll take a shot at this again. We like Alpine Ski Rental - the main one is at Sugar Mountain, but we use the satellite shop on the left just before you turn left into the ski slope parking. Fred's General Mercantile is also good. I like a store that will rent equipment the night before, so you miss the crowds the next morning. I know Alpine will, and Fred's probably also.

Oz Cathedral house is not ski in/ski out like you are used to in Colorado. It is probably a 200 yard walk through the woods to the Oz Run, .... it is the only slope on the back side of the mountain. Oz is on the sunny side and is always the first slope that they close. Otherwise it is about a 300-400 yard walk up the road to the top of Beech Mt, where the other lifts end.

Reply to: Ski Rentals on top of the mountain?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Beech Mountain
More Beech Mountain Topics