We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sourwood Festival

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sourwood Festival

Will be in Black Mountain area at time of Sourwood Festival. Anyone familiar with this festival? Trying to decide if it's worth a day trip from the Franklin, N.C. area.

Mentioned in this post
Black Mountain
Black Mountain
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sourwood Festival

http://www.blackmountain.org/calendar.php

I have never been, still considering if it is worth as our Canadian granddaughter will be visiting.... All I could find on the internet is that it's their 33 year, mountain music, food vendors & it's free... August 14 is the main date, though singer's competition is the night before; some activities also the day after.... Hopefully someone from the area will comment...

The date (August 14) coincides with Charlotte's Irish Festival which is really great, so I am torn...

Ola Belle Reed Festival in Lansing is great, but that's 3 day event....

Mentioned in this post
Lansing
Lansing
Ingham County, MI
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sourwood Festival

Thanks for your post. Even though you'ver never been, this will bump my question back up and perhaps someone will comment for us.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sourwood Festival

Yes, the Sourwood Festival is well worth the trip to Black Mountain from Franklin. Lots of vendors line several streets in town. You can spend most of the day shopping during the festival. The High School has a barbecue sale near the railroad tracks. Check out the beehive display as well.

We will be there as always, hope to see you.

Mentioned in this post
Black Mountain
Black Mountain
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sourwood Festival

Thanks. I think we've decided to give it a try!

Asheville, North...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sourwood Festival

I hope you do come to the festival, but i am a little biased.

My band, the Flat Creek Boys, will be the opening act on sunday, starting at 11am. we play traditional appalachain old time music. and we really hope there will be a good audience of folks who love mountain music. you can check us out at the below address.

hope to see you there :o)

joe hallock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKFyIF349vU

6. Re: Sourwood Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 19:05
florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sourwood Festival

Sounds like a great time for sure. Black Mountain is a fine little town. Great shopping downtown and some great restaurants.

I am just a little perplexed on tripadvisors rule on self promotion. Seems they have diff rules for everything. Post 5 seems like a self promotion to me. Could someone explain the rules?

s

Mentioned in this post
Black Mountain
Black Mountain
Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sourwood Festival

IDK jaded, If you think the post violates posting rules just report it and leave it up to the mods to decide. It's not our place to decide if posts are or are not against TA rules, it's theirs.

9. Re: Sourwood Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Black Mountain