We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to family snow tube near blowing rock nc

MOUNT PLEASANT
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to family snow tube near blowing rock nc

Loooking to take the family snow tubing. Heard too many horror stories about Hawks Nest. Can anyone recommend tubing near Blowing Rock that is okay for a 2 and 6 year old.

Mentioned in this post
Blowing Rock
Blowing Rock
North Carolina Mountains, NC
CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
830 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to family snow tube near blowing rock nc

I haven't personally heard any horror stories about Hawks Nest. I know a few people that have been there tubing and had a great time. I have been to Sugar Mountain and it was fun, but I think I will try Hawks Nest next time I go.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,593 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to family snow tube near blowing rock nc

Appalachian Ski Mtn. www.appskimtn.com

Hawksnest Resort www.hawksnest-resort.com

Beach Mtn. www.skibeach.com

Sugar Mountains Resort

www.skisugar.com

You may to check these out and see if they would work for you. There has been much snow in the area!!!

Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to family snow tube near blowing rock nc

I'm interested in the negative info you heard about HawsNest? I'm headed to that area to tube as well and am looking for info.

Thank you

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
431 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to family snow tube near blowing rock nc

We were in Blowing Rock the week after Christmas and went to Hawks Nest for tubing. It was me, my wife and sons 10 and 13. First time tubing.

It's the closet tubing to Blowing Rock as far as I know and we were fine with it. It was busy but we moved from slide to slide easily. They limit the numbers but it is busy. Book ahead for your best time or get there early. They sell out very early. We went at around 3pm. We went back for the zip lines the next day and the crowd seemed better for the first run at 1000.

The facility needs work but the runs were fun. Food was expensive but I kind of expected that. People were friendly. We recommend the zip lines too. I don't think Appalachian has tubing.

Mentioned in this post
Blowing Rock
Blowing Rock
North Carolina Mountains, NC
5. Re: where to family snow tube near blowing rock nc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 05:17