We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blowing Rock at Christmas-Cabin vs staying in town

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,628 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Blowing Rock at Christmas-Cabin vs staying in town

We are looking at visiting Blowing Rock during Christmas week. We have visited at this time of year before and last time rented a house in between Boone & Blowing Rock. This time it will be just the 2 of us so am thinking of staying at one of the Inns or a B&B. We don't ski so that doesn't matter to us. Just wondered what everyones thoughts were on staying in town besides the convenience. It is noisy? Are the Inns close to the traffic? It's been several years since we have been there so I don't remember much except the little downtown area where you can shop and eat.

Also from reading some of the reviews it sounds like the B&Bs don't really customize breakfast, its mostly continental. Is this true? I don't want to pay money for a B&B and get the same thing I can get at Holiday Inn.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,674 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blowing Rock at Christmas-Cabin vs staying in town

The Inns are all different with their service. You would need to check the individual amenities. I suggest you check into Chetola Resort, right on the edge of BlowingRock. Also, Gideon Ridge, and Crippens.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,628 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blowing Rock at Christmas-Cabin vs staying in town

Thanks for the info. I did speak to Chetola today. I am not familiar with the other two. Will check them out.

3. Re: Blowing Rock at Christmas-Cabin vs staying in town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Blowing Rock