We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best chance for dinner THIS Saturday

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Best chance for dinner THIS Saturday

We planned a last minute spa weekend not knowing it was going to be so crazy up there! I have dinner reservations for Friday night (Bistro Roca) but having a hard time finding something for Saturday. Any recommendations? The places that take reservations are all booked up already. We are not picky eaters, we just don't want to have to wait for a hour or two to be seated.

I went to school at App so I'm very familiar with the area and we can expand past Blowing Rock if needed.

Thanks!

Edited: 09 October 2013, 19:04
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best chance for dinner THIS Saturday

There are several that I like that would be worth checking out.

The Green Park Inn is quite good and usually not too crowded. They also have a nice bar.

Twig's is another with a good spacious bar with occasional entertainment.

Two new ones on Sunset that I likequite a bit are The New Public House serving small plates in the old Crippen's location, and Blowing Rock Ale House & Inn.

If your spa treatment is at West Glow or Inn at Crestwood, both have very good restaurants.

Now you have me worried! Maybe I will see you at one of the above

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best chance for dinner THIS Saturday

Thank you Jim! I did find a reservation on opentable.com for the New Public House at a decent time. I found it after I had posted here. I hope it works out. If it doesn't thanks for your suggestions. It's been a long time since I was up there during leaf season and I was in the tourist industry so I know how it goes! Better pack some patience.

New Public House sounds similar to our Good Food on Montford here in Charlotte. But last time we tried to eat there we had to wait 2 hours to be seated. That is exactly the scenario I am trying to avoid.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,059 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best chance for dinner THIS Saturday

We has dinner at Bistro Roca a few weeks ago and it was outstanding.

Joe's Italian Kitchen Jazzed Up side, is good also.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best chance for dinner THIS Saturday

Dinner last night was fabulous!

5. Re: Best chance for dinner THIS Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 05:17