We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loose Boone/Blowing rock itenerary

Which Blowing Rock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nc
Level Contributor
109 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Loose Boone/Blowing rock itenerary

sweeteeth

nc

reviews: 4

Save this Post

blowing rock/boone itenerary

Aug 27, 2014, 9:44 PM

My husband and I are going to the boone/blowing rock area this weekend. We are looking to do the following:

grandfather mountain

whitewater rafting (wahoo or river and earth?)

Lineville falls

mast general store valle crucis

horseback riding (Appalachians by horseback or Vx3 trail rides?)

We are staying in downtown boone. Could you recommend which activities above to group based on location? Am I missing something spectacular? Also, do you have a preference for horseback riding or rafting? I also thought about going to the ensamble stage theatre in blowing rock to see "completely Hollywood". Have you heard anything about it? Last thing, any great breakfast restaurants?

Thanks for the advice!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loose Boone/Blowing rock itenerary

I think this is a good list. You might enjoy Music on the Lawn Friday evening at the Inn at Ragged Garden in Blowing Rock. I think there is a Beer Festival Saturday in Boone, and a 60's Folk Festival at St. Luke's Episcopal in Boone on. Sunday. Part of Mountain Home music series.

You might also look into the Virginia Creeper Trail in Damascus. Like the rafting, it's a full day affair

2. Re: Loose Boone/Blowing rock itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Blowing Rock