We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming to brevard tomm things to do??

atlanta
Level Contributor
145 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
coming to brevard tomm things to do??

coming tommorrow with kids for a few days,cabin is in cedar mt, i didnt know when i decided to come, that we would be so far from 'town". Silly as this sounds, can some one please give me an idea of things we can do while it is raining? Without the twisty narrow roads without guardrails?? how far is Hendesonville and is it over the mountain? Looks like the cradle of forestry isnt opening til saturday. Thanks

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coming to brevard tomm things to do??

EVERYTHING is over a mountain, but not a bad one in the case of Hendersonville. They have a farmer's market there on Saturday which is pretty neat. I don't know about the kids but fly fishing in the Davidson River is fun rain or shine. You might check out the college for activities. Also a trip to Lake toxaway could be nice. It's gated but you can probably get in to go to the Greystone Lodge.If it is raining, the waterfalls should be running which could make the nasty drive worthwhile. Just some thoughts.

2. Re: coming to brevard tomm things to do??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Brevard