We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watershed cabins

St Louis
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Watershed cabins

Has anybody stayed at the Watershed Cabins in or around Bryson City? The cabin I am most interested in is Hawk's Ridge Hideaway. If so, can you tell me what you liked and disliked.

106 replies to this topic
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Watershed cabins

I spent a lot of time pouring over reviews everywhere I could find before I booked a cabin for our vacation. We have never spent into the $200 plus range for rooms before, so renting a cabin for 200-250 a night was definitely a splurge and I wanted to make sure it was perfect.

We spent 4 nights in July at Moonstruck. The arrival was interesting, be ready for those steep steep roads to get up to the cabin. You get used to it, the only time it was really scary was the first drive up, since you don't know what to expect. All I can say is try not to arrive at midnight on your first night. The view certainly makes it worthwhile, and getting used to the mountain roads is part of your experience.

The cabin looked just like it does in the photos. It was cleaned well, the hot tub was clean and hot and worked perfectly. The appliances and furnishings were nice, even the grill was good quality. There are plenty of dishes and cooking utensils, wine glasses, etc. This cabin even has an extra fridge for wine and drinks in the living room. Don't forget things like plastic bags and aluminum foil and paper towel, you need to supply it all.

We never had any problems but Watershed seemed well organized and prepared for any issues that might arise.

I would highly recommend Watershed, it seems like they are doing a nice job with the cabins.

A couple notes on the area - if you go in warm weather the tubing in Deep Creek (just outside of Bryson City) is really great, there are several tube rental companies. Also not a bad idea to take blow up rafts or noodles for floating, just down from the cabin there's a little park where people were swimming in Fontana Lake, it's deep and blue and looks like a great place to float all day. In Bryson City there is a great new brewery, Nantahala Brewing Company, and next to that a good little bar with with food.

Moss Point...
4 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Watershed cabins

Just got back after staying a week at Hawks Ridge......five star .....perfect cabin....view better than most overlooks in the park.....every detail in cabin upscale...including the linens...close to all activities....easy access......will go back as soon as possible.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Watershed cabins

I can't say enough about watershed cabins. While obviously nothing is perfect, this rental company provides a fantastic experience for a mountain getaway in North Carolina.

First, the photos are not doctored. What you see is what you get and I found that the photos do not do the cabins justice. We rented Cloud 8 and loved it. The cabin is spacious, the covered screened in porch with a terrific view was perfect for those cool summer mornings. We started each day out there.

We contacted watershed at 4pm on a Sunday when we first got there because we had a question about the water. They answered and made sure that we fully understood everything before they got off the phone with us.

The price is higher than vrbo, but to our family that is insurance to assure that you will get what's on the website along with the five star service to come along with it.

I did read many comments about the mountain roads. They are windy and steep, yes, but they don't make highways to private cabins high atop the mountains! Cloud 8 was actually very easy to get to...there is a steep one lane road but you're only on it for about 1/4 mile and it's paved.

What a great place!

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Watershed cabins

Has anyone ever stayed at the Watershed cabin Nantahala Vista? We are planning on a trip at the end of October. Thanks for your comments.

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Watershed cabins

Thanks for all you great reviews of the Watershed Cabins we just book Camp Runamuk for a few nights in October.

Will do a trip report when we return.

Moss Point...
4 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Watershed cabins

Beautiful cabin...everything it is advertised to be and more. Did not dislike a thing...easy access, central location, well appointed down to the linens. Just spent one week there last month and am going back in October for the leaves and wanted to stay there again but someone beat me to it. The view is SPECTACULAR!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Watershed cabins

We just stayed in Riverside for 4 nights. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. This cabin MUST be quite different from the others because there was NOTHING luxury about it. Rather than go into details here, I would suggest you choose another cabin (if you have a recommendation you trust) or another hotel. We would not go back. I have written management of my concerns and if I get anything back, I will update this post.

In a nutshell, very uncomforable beds, showerheads broken, towels old and musty, floors sticky and dirty, carpet old and stained, tvs old and one in master bedroom too small to see stuck up high on the ceiling, outdoor furniture not usable, water smelled and tasted of sulphur... I could go on, but that should tell you all you need to know!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Watershed cabins

We just stayed in Riverside for 4 nights. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. This cabin MUST be quite different from the others because there was NOTHING luxury about it. Rather than go into details here, I would suggest you choose another cabin (if you have a recommendation you trust) or another hotel. We would not go back. I have written management of my concerns and if I get anything back, I will update this post.

In a nutshell, very uncomforable beds, showerheads broken, towels old and musty, floors sticky and dirty, carpet old and stained, tvs old and one in master bedroom too small to see stuck up high on the ceiling, outdoor furniture not usable, water smelled and tasted of sulphur... I could go on, but that should tell you all you need to know!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Watershed cabins

I had a call from the property manager today. She was very nice and apologetic. Come to find out, this is one of their older cabins...owned by someone else and just rented out by Watershed. So not up to their standards apparently. I recommended they take this out of their "luxury cabin ads". She offered me a free night in another cabin to make it right. At this point, not sure we would go back but it was nice to get the follow up and she was obviously concerned for our bad experience.

When you book, make sure you book a real Watershed Cabin and not one they are just managing as the quality is not the same!!

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Watershed cabins

TracyM1961 - thanks for the update. Sorry for your disappointment in the cabin you stayed in. I just sent a question to Watershed to see if the cabin we are renting is one of theirs or just managed by them. Keeping my fingers crossed as this is an anniversary celebration and I want it to be just right!

Reply to: Watershed cabins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bryson City